Fallout 4 0.291

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.291

Sounds like i'm banning everybody for no reason. It's unfair.

kingeric1992
Such code must be denoising algorithm with reading many samples to compute how many too bright (compared to others) pixels are near by and if not enough, then decrease brightness of current pixel (if it bright too) to the intensity of low brightness pixels based on non linear intensity fact (not min of them). For performance reasons this must be done in several passes and to work with intensity instead of color. I will do later such code internally for generated 1024*1024 texture of bloom input, so don't touch bloom.

Guys, do you know any games released after 2005 which are similar to Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, Uncharted traveling to various catacombs, tombs, ancient temples? Such places are my favorite and even Serious Sam is great just because of them, but it seems nobody making such locations any more, except creepy indie point&click games (Prince of Persia is boring, only Sands of Time was more or less okay for me). I don't like the idea to buy PS3 just to play Uncharted, so may be you know games like that for Xbox360, PC, Wii, PS2?

ENBSeries wrote:Guys, do you know any games released after 2005 which are similar to Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, Uncharted traveling to various catacombs, tombs, ancient temples? Such places are my favorite and even Serious Sam is great just because of them, but it seems nobody making such locations any more, except creepy indie point&click games (Prince of Persia is boring, only Sands of Time was more or less okay for me). I don't like the idea to buy PS3 just to play Uncharted, so may be you know games like that for Xbox360, PC, Wii, PS2?
It's quite a long shot but what about the God of War games? It's indeed a different game genre but it features awesome locations. I was even able to play it in better conditions thanks to PS2 emulation.
There is also Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in a somehow more coop experience ( still playable solo ). Rise of the tomb Raider should be available on PC one of these days too.
Maybe Darksiders or Castlevania : Lords of Shadow ( prefer the first ), but it's a far longer shot than God of War. Legend of Grimrock, in a dungeon crawler genre, both 1 and 2 are very nice games if the genre is to one's liking.

None of them are really like Uncharted or the Tomb Raiders, but I'd say they may very well feature the kind of locations you want.

*sensei*

ENBSeries
These are some that i like that are similar?
Clive Barker's Jericho - PC
Legacy of Kain - Defiance - PC
Shadows of the colossus - PS2
fable lost chapters - PC
X-Blades - PC
40 winks - PS1
Pandemonium 1, 2 - PS1

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just played "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood". Lots of catacombs, but it's a FPS game.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Boris, i recall you saying you were already looking forward to the game's release, but Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen has plenty of catacomb crawling (especially the Bitter Black Isle content... that entire location is pretty much a giant catacomb/dungeon crawl). The PC version is releasing January 15th.

*master*

Its interesting that I can disable each ENB feature at a time (or enable game rendering feature) in Shift+Enter menu and sky color always stays the same color no matter what I enable or disable. Yet if I simply disable "Use Effect", then sky color hue changes from darker blue to a little bin lighter blue. I use ENBSeries.ini defaults, except I enable ENBEffectPostPass.fx Sharpening. I also use Neutral LUT's if that's of any significance.
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wolrajh
God of War is different, i prefer to feel environment, to look at ancient things instead of monsters. I've beaten all that games anyway.

LucidAPs
Played all them, except 40 winks. But don't think these days such old graphics will be inspiring.

Guzio
I'll give it a try, thanks.

TwoArmedMan15
Already played Dragon's Dogma.

MonarchX
That was with Skyrim and other mods too, sky have own switch. Different sky gradient brightness with mod enabled and disabled is bugfix of invalid dithering of the game, which is additive (night sky is full of gray dots).

hmm... Let's see. I liked GoW environments a lot, but it's true you can't really enjoy the scenery because of the fixed camera and fast paced action.
And I guess you're looking at games with a slower pace or at least some room to breathe and explore and stuff.
Darksiders and Castlevania may be more up your alley. Both were visually very inspired and while the combats may be intense, you still have the luxury of exploration and puzzles. Especially with Darksiders since it was much more of a metroidvania / zelda kind of game than Castlevania:LoS. And with Joe Maduera leading the overall design team, what a feast!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
ok, thx. will do 2x2 blur for now.

another thing, about god rays, it is aliasing pretty bad. Is it possible to add some filter on it?

and by chance if you are reviewing the UI part, the quality widget tab is out of order.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wolrajh
Okay, i have both of them, but not played yet, thanks.

kingeric1992
Don't think that i can do much to rays, they are drawed at low resolution and there is absolutely no way to improve visual quality in that case, except increasing quality in video options, for higher resolution. Such effect must be drawed with multiple resolution for edges of objects (by depth i mean) and in empty spaces, but the way it's done is not optimized. May be much more later when i'll have nothing else to do with the mod, will learn how code works and change it, but at this moment the best and less painful i can do is to boost performance for highest quality mode (not really interested thought).
Wrong quality list is the bug/feature of middleware, don't think it worth time to fix such things, because searching for code may take hours. Internally quality in c++ looks like this:

Code: Select all

TwEnumVal	qualityenum[]=
{
	{-2, "-2 Extreme"	},
	{-1, "-1 Very High"	},
	{ 0, " 0 High"		},
	{ 1, " 1 Medium"	},
	{ 2, " 2 Low"		},
	{ 3, " 3 Very Low"	},
	{ 4, " 4 Lowest"	}
};