Fallout 4 0.291

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.291

Wolrajh wrote:
wolfgrimdark wrote:
Arkngt wrote:
SNIP

For me it's the opposite: I MUST have it at Ultra as I get blocky ugliness at all settings below it, as in this comparison:

SNIP
I have the same experience as Arkngt. Unless I put God Rays at ultra I have artifact issues. On my set up there is a big difference between ultra and lower quality.
Same. Low provides better performances while being hardly bearable quality-wise ( as far as I'm concerned! ) during actual gameplay, and totally unacceptable for screenshots. Ultra on the other hand is far, far better. With a little helping hand from downscaling, the artifacts can't even be noticed anymore. But yes, it does indeed hit the performances hard...
Must be something else at play because low settings are often used by game NVidia God-Ray-supporting games, even when you use Ultra or Ultra + Tweaked settings. They do it because those "artifacts" (they aren't actually) are rarely seen anywhere. Check out NVidia's Fallout 4 Tweak Guide that was taken down from NVidia website, but still exists on some sites that post web-cache. That Tweak Guide uses 4-5 different locations to compare the difference between Low and Ultra God-Ray quality settings. There isn't a single screenshot that shows the same "artifacts" because they occur RARELY and in very specific situations. Even for screenshots, the only time Ultra God-Ray setting makes sense if when such "artifacts" are seen. When they aren't seen on Low setting, Ultra setting provides no image quality improvement.

In general, it makes sense to use the absolute best settings for screenshots, but not gameplay, not unless you have a very high-end GTX 980 Ti or GTX Titan SLi rig, but even then it heavily depends on how modded your game is. I can tolerate a rare occurrence of those God-Ray "artifacts", but I cannot tolerate anything less than uGridsToLoad=9 and with the most demanding settings for LOD view distances increased (objects, shadows, other items, etc.) + the most demanding mods installed (4K textures, True Storm, other effects, etc.) + ENB & ReShade effects. I can only get 30-45fps @ 1080p with all that combined and VRAM utilization with 4096MB spikes when outside. I don't see how God-Rays setting @ Ultra can compensate for any of that, especially considering its rare occurrence.

Back to topic:
I was hoping some other ENB effects would come out by now. I guess Boris is waiting for the upcoming Patch 1.3 before proceeding with further development. I was REALLY hoping for improved SSAO, water reflections, and Parallax. Those are the things the game misses the most IMHO.
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

MonarchX wrote:Must be something else at play because low settings are often used by game NVidia God-Ray-supporting games, even when you use Ultra or Ultra + Tweaked settings. They do it because those "artifacts" (they aren't actually) are rarely seen anywhere. Check out NVidia's Fallout 4 Tweak Guide that was taken down from NVidia website, but still exists on some sites that post web-cache. That Tweak Guide uses 4-5 different locations to compare the difference between Low and Ultra God-Ray quality settings. There isn't a single screenshot that shows the same "artifacts" because they occur RARELY and in very specific situations. Even for screenshots, the only time Ultra God-Ray setting makes sense if when such "artifacts" are seen. When they aren't seen on Low setting, Ultra setting provides no image quality improvement.

In general, it makes sense to use the absolute best settings for screenshots, but not gameplay, not unless you have a very high-end GTX 980 Ti or GTX Titan SLi rig, but even then it heavily depends on how modded your game is. I can tolerate a rare occurrence of those God-Ray "artifacts", but I cannot tolerate anything less than uGridsToLoad=9 and with the most demanding settings for LOD view distances increased (objects, shadows, other items, etc.) + the most demanding mods installed (4K textures, True Storm, other effects, etc.) + ENB & ReShade effects. I can only get 30-45fps @ 1080p with all that combined and VRAM utilization with 4096MB spikes when outside. I don't see how God-Rays setting @ Ultra can compensate for any of that, especially considering its rare occurrence.
I don't know... Maybe I'm not totally clear ; I must confess I don't know what are the artifacts that were being discussed earlier, I never noticed anything wrong... I was talking of the ugly, ugly aliasing around the edges that I just can't accept even for gameplay - same issue I've got with the SSAO implementation I'd rather de-activate because I really find it very low res and overall ugly ;)
And I noticed this ugly aliasing from godrays is almost entirely gone when I choose the maximum setting. Since it also refines the effect - more objects are taken into consideration to "cast" volumetric shadows - I deduce it just improves the resolution of the effect hence making it sharper and less blatantly aliased. But yeah, I can't for the life of me play be fighting for a decent AA solution and just let godrays destroy it all...
Fortunately with a 970 I can pretty much play the game at 25/30 fps with everything set to ultra and a lot of 4k texture pack. ;)

And yeah I'd like a better SSAO solution too now. Let's take things one step at a time, fix Beth mistakes first. =)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You have no idea how much effort cost me to examine render pipeline of this shit. Even to get ambient color for ssao i've spent entire day to find out that bugthesda placed it by no reason to sun light, to separate light, to compute shader and they are toggled depending from camera rotation. Stop asking, i will not anything faster than i can.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@MonarchX

Please be patient; asking for ENB updates and for new effects to be done quickly will NOT have the effect you desire.
Just let the man work at his own pace. When updates come, we rejoice! And if Boris has questions during development, he always asks them here in the forums... :)

ENBSeries wrote:You have no idea how much effort cost me to examine render pipeline of this shit. Even to get ambient color for ssao i've spent entire day to find out that bugthesda placed it by no reason to sun light, to separate light, to compute shader and they are toggled depending from camera rotation. Stop asking, i will not anything faster than i can.

Hey man YOU ARE THE GREATEST Mod Maker Out There when its about graphical programing, anyway i just wonder is it possible to fix that cloud flickering?, because my clouds in night time flickers in fallout 4 is it a bug or just me done somethin wrong with configurating enb to my own likings?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haven't seen this bug ever, so i don't know what to fix.

ENBSeries wrote:Haven't seen this bug ever, so i don't know what to fix.
so i explored a new bug for you or?, I am very confused but i can send you pictures for more details about this bug

maybe i didn't explain good enough in night time the clouds get white and starts to flick all the time like its some kind of thunder

http://imgur.com/a/e9liE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What weather is that? Is it happen just for certain weather or/and time of the day? Any parameters of the mod affect this bug? Post screenshot of all processes in task manager when game is running and this bug occurs.

ENBSeries wrote:What weather is that? Is it happen just for certain weather or/and time of the day? Any parameters of the mod affect this bug? Post screenshot of all processes in task manager when game is running and this bug occurs.
well i guess its the normal night weather, but it does not happen when its dark just the time when its night when the stars are there should i give my tweaked file or? i am not sure its just the clouds flicks in the night time but ill sure give you the ill post my configurated ini privately to you how do i send private messages

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess yes, i need your configuration to test myself, including fallout4.ini file. Btw, if it's ReShade or SweetFX - i can't test them, just my binaries.