"Abnormal" Skyrim ENB Performance Issue

solving problems with low performance
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: "Abnormal" Skyrim ENB Performance Issue

It's not about preset, but wrong ENBoost setting ([MEMORY] category of enblocal.ini). Check it's page on Nexus, version 5.0 have description how to configure.

I found the solution.....

It was Steam Beta Participation.... Hahaha wtf.... lol

I was opt in for the beta and after Steam was updated, (which it looked like regular update when you get a notice to update) this crazy stutter started to happen. This was what is was causing many people suffering stutter with ENB lately.

I thought this was my pc hardware or settings problem, but after I found quite many people telling they started to get stutter lately (in last 1 week), I suspected it was something that I (and we to those installed something new) had installed between the time it was running fine and it was stuttering, but I would've never thought easily that it was Steam client itself... haha.

I'm pretty sure most people will know this but for those who don't know how to opt out of beta, Click Steam on top left corner -> Settings -> Account -> Beta Participation -> Change -> Drop down and press NONE - opt out of all beta program. and Click OK, Steam will restart and reinstall to the previous version.

After whole one weeks of changing various ini settings, reloading, change settings, reloading, reinstalling whole game and mods... haha damn it... I feel so relieved and angry at the same time. haha.

Please let me know if this fixed your problem; by opting out of Steam beta participation.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, thanks, i'll notify players then