TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim

Do you guys actually PLAY with that quality? or it is just for screenshots?

If its the first case.... I hate you all for having great graphic cards! :P

and a 3 shot pano near Solitude:
Steelman wrote:Do you guys actually PLAY with that quality? or it is just for screenshots?
I personally play like this, but I don't run at supersampled or 4K resolutions anyway (or have that many 4K mods), nor do I think my shots are as impressive as others here. Using pretty much all enb features except dof (occasionally for screens) at quality 0, runs just fine on an "older" 780 gtx.

peterned wrote: I personally play like this, but I don't run at supersampled or 4K resolutions anyway (or have that many 4K mods), nor do I think my shots are as impressive as others here. Using pretty much all enb features except dof (occasionally for screens) at quality 0, runs just fine on an "older" 780 gtx.
I wasnt speaking for anyone in particular, but for all in general :)
I got my game to run with a pretty good quality but, , either for bad modding, enb / VRAM management inexperience or both, my frames in some places droped below 10 fps wich is pretty unplayable
(anywaay, a 780 gtx is still better than 760 gtx! :D )

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

Greeting Everyone,

Your artistry continues to amaze me as I mostly lurk around these parts, but always catch up browsing this Skyrim forum especially.

Nothing pretty to look at here, but something kind of interesting for pushing the limits of Skyrim I think.
With my Titan X 12gb, I was never, until today, able to use it's entire 12gb memory capacity. Other games don't even come close
and I haven't been able to push Skyrim far enough because of a limit with SKSE in regards to the maximum memory setting. In the
skse.ini file the setting DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB tops out at 1280mb. This translates to an actual max of 1024mb in game according to
what Sheson's Memory Blocks Log reports. Playing the game normally with ugridstoload=5 and a heavy mod load I am typically
maxing out at around 7gb of Vram outdoors and about the same amount in RAM with 1 to 3 enbhost.exe processes running. So, I
wanted to see how far it could be pushed. Raising ugridstoload to 9 will still work with the skse.ini set to to 1280mb, but going to
ugridstoload=11 will crash with my setup and this is because the skse max memory of 1024mb is reached as seen in the MemoryBlocksLog.log file.
So, long story short, luckily the SKSE download comes with it's source code. I had to also garner a copy of VC++ 2008 Express which
can be found with a google search (get the iso version). After that was installed, a quick search of the source coce for DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB
reveals that it's in the Hooks_Memory.cpp file and just above that in the same file is code to limit the max memory setting to 1280mb.

I changed this code:

Code: Select all

// clamp to these values because going over that is stupid
const UInt32 kMax_defaultHeapInitialAllocMB = 1024 + 256;
const UInt32 kMax_scrapHeapSizeMB = 512;
to this:

Code: Select all

// clamp to these values because going over that is stupid
const UInt32 kMax_defaultHeapInitialAllocMB = 4096 + 256;
const UInt32 kMax_scrapHeapSizeMB = 512;
Which raises the limit, theoretically, to 4096mb and you would set DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=4352 to use that much memory. So, with that
code change, everything compiles with no errors and I end up with the same set of SKSE files in my project's release directory as you get when
you download the SKSE distribution. I Copied these files over to the game directory and set skse.ini to 4352mb and launch the game. It crashes
before title screen. So apparently 4352mb is too much and, after trial and error, I finally end up with a value of 1408mb which give a nice boost
over the previous 1280mb limit and loads with no problems.

Now to the images. The first one below show what happened when I pushed it to the limits of my system. It's not shown in in the first image, but
this is with a ugridstoload setting of 13 and, as you can see by the RAM usage on the left, it actually pushed my system's 16gb of RAM to it's max which
caused the game to crash within a few seconds of loading. Also of special note in this image is the last memory value printed to the MemoryBlocksLog.log file.
It shows a value of 1152 which is above the previous limit of 1024mb proving that the change in the source code works :D !

Second image shows a scenario that my system can actually handle with a ugridstoload setting of 11. In this situation, the MemoryBlocksLog.log shows a
maximum value of 1043mb which is still over the previous 1024 limit :D. Also note I'm still getting around 40fps which is not bad considering the mod load
I am running.
Another thing I'll add is that I am also using DynDOLOD with high settings which essentially makes setting ugridstoload this high unnecessary but it is still
interesting to me to see how far it can be pushed. Also gives incentive to upgrade to 32gb of RAM which is pretty reasonable priced these days. The next
limit would probably be the vram after this. I guess we'll have to wait for 24gb vram cards :o .

I'm sure Boris will yell at me ;) when he sees all of those processes in the task manager wasting resources :oops: . But, one more thing is that this would also not
be at all possible without enboost technology.

Sorry for the long story, but hopefully this is interesting to some of you hard core folks out there.

Ewi
*sensei*

@number6,
Amazing stuff. I guess this also proves that modding has taken skyrim pretty much to the engine's limits, and some really core stuff would have to be changed to uncap those blocks crash-free. Though the question might be what the use is, seeing the things people already do now. Do you have any insights as to the way fallout 4 handles this? as it's essentially a beefed up version of the same engine? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, do you actually play the game with your wacom (noticed the processes)? Just curious, cause I've stopped using a mouse for gaming long ago :)

@Confidence man
Gorgeous shots, I just love this natural look. Are these with your latest nla beta?

@ewi
that first shot is truly rediculous, you've changed the sun I see?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Somebody wanna try my hagraven buildings and objects mod?

http://www.file-upload.net/download-113 ... en.7z.html

Screens would be appreciated.

- new diffuse,normal,spec,env,cubemap textures, uv changes, mesh entries...

Pfuscher
I will try them later tonight and will post a few screenshots. All your textures that are already published on Nexus are amazing. I use a lot of them and also I am planning to add more of your work to my Skyrim mod collection.
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Samsung 990 Pro 1 TB
Monitor: Gigabyte M32U 4K 144hz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

number6 -- Great and very interesting post.

I see that Imgur is working again.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram