TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Skyrim SE

ibbanez wrote:
Tansarville wrote:
far327 wrote:Trying to understand why there are two threads for the same topic occurring?

Having not touched Skyrim since Feb 2016. After firing up Skyrim SE and then my ENB preset from Skyrim. My god, why are we even asking for a re-do?
I couldn't be happier with my ENB preset in old Skyrim! The new SE version really doesn't add anything useful that ENB doesn't already do accept maybe the native 64bit executable. But from my understanding that might not of even been implemented without issues. So really, what is left? A new Skyrim with some new half baked sub-par quality effects? Most of which ENB already does better in it's current version.

Help me understand everyone, what is the main reason you would want to play Skyrim SE over Skyrim?
For me it's just for fun. Perhaps due to words people/we use such as bad, total disaster etc. make things look like too serious but it's not in fact. And i'm agreeing what you said about SE and the old Skyrim. SE doesn't add anything and look same crap as Skyrim by default. I'm not sure also it will be popular same as before by ENB modders too. It's 6 years old game after all and and consumed everything in it by players and modders. There is nothing left in it to make people sparkle again. I'd like to keep having fun with SE version cause I'd expected to have less crashes at least but somehow I keep getting more crashes than even old Skyrim. But not a big surprise cause it's Bethesda after all.
weird, I have far less crashes, runs smoother and so far pretty enjoyable.

Me too mate, it runs really well for me im very pleased with it tbh, if we can improve the graphics or should i say Boris ;) ill be a very happy guy.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't think that i must work like crazy to release mod as fast as possible, people played this game already, so it's modding have lower priority than Fallout 4, i guess. Right?

ENBSeries wrote:Don't think that i must work like crazy to release mod as fast as possible, people played this game already, so it's modding have lower priority than Fallout 4, i guess. Right?
Its up to you mate, im done with FO4 for now but its your time and your skill so its your call.....But hurry up lol ;). Only joking :lol:

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Don't think that i must work like crazy to release mod as fast as possible, people played this game already, so it's modding have lower priority than Fallout 4, i guess. Right?
You should work only as much as you desire, Boris. If you do not feel like digging into a new game just yet, I can say that even though I would like to see ENB for SSE, you deserve to be able to relax away from modding without pressure from the modding community. We appreciate what you do and we are patient.

On the other hand, if you do feel like digging into SSE, we won't complain haha. We're in your corner, Boris. :)

ENBSeries wrote: I don't see the reason to make ENBSeries for Skyrim SE, but if people want it and modding community will move to it, then okay, i'll do it. For now it's unknown, many mods will never be compatible, i don't believe many authors are interested to update. The only positive thing is that Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 external shaders would be cross compatible (but not many users need mod for Fallout 4). Skyrim SE is not made for modders, it's released to earn money on same old title, but only modders keep this game alive, so modders decides the future of SSE.
I am a Skyrim modder. I see the statistics of Original Skyrim haven't changed in 4 years. SSE players are high right now but I think they will start to go to other games in one or two months.
I agree with you that it is modders who keep it alive. Right now there is only re-uploads, no new mods. SSE is feeding off of Skyrim, not making new content. I think waiting to see how things go is the best option. Many people are excited right now. I think the excitement will go away soon. I have been modding Skyrim since 11.11.11 Original Skyrim did not lose any players, it did lose some modders.

Moving forward, I plan to develop all my mods on Skyrim SE first. After years of breaking my back over Skyrim's constant crashes, the performance and stability increase is simply too good to pass over. We will see how easy it is to migrate mods between versions.

That being said, I am currently waiting on SKSE, SkyUI and ENB to decide where I stand with my Skyrim modding career. I know there are large obstacles to overcome before all three of these essentials see the light of day for SSE.

We shall see. Very best of luck either way.

Hey Boris, just wanted to thank you again for your work on Skyrim.

About your question above i thought you might be interested in something i read a few weeks ago. People were talking about skyrim vanilla (even after all these years) having a more active playerbase than fallout 4 (which is way more recent).

Now, trying to ignore my personal bias with skyrim since i love it so much but .. this is my opinion (again, your choice what to do obviously, no need to feel forced cause you already did so much work anyway on both games ) :

- if SSE doesn't take off with ENBs people might gp back to Skyrim Vanilla even if they have worse performance and whatnot because it looks way way way better + already have all the weather / lighting / and other mods available to them, people are generally impatient
- it seems like most enjoy the fantasy setting of Skyrim , unlike fallout4's steampunkish one? Not even sure if its steampunk but either way, dragons + swords + magic + etc > those.

Either way, thanks again for ENB and do whatever you want! Personally i'm enjoying Skyrim vanilla +enb&mods right now even tho i bought SE (which runs better and would have been in theory at least a better base game for future modding - even past modding actually ) because of the ENBs + NLA. It's just..so...beautiful :D

*sensei*

Oyama wrote:I may sound as a fanboy, but according to my experience, and my eyes, nothing compares to ENB's SSAO/SSIL.
Its only addition is an instantaneous visual jump ahead.
Period.
Me as an ENB fanboy shout: My friends and family are having an intervention because I'm still playing Skyrim, and the only reason I kept playing is ENB. Done fanboy :D

SSE fixed shadows and LOD not needing Grid 7 or above, but it still looks so ugly without ENB. Tried Reshade, and got a little decent for a quick in and out of game to try out my Skyrim mods on SSE but couldn't play without ENB skin tone or more natural ENB color. Here's the AO debug comparason capture at night, and I think ENB is much better even it's being more than 4 years old. I really hope to see ENB on SSE.

ENB AO
http://imgur.com/GwRXeOd

Reshade AO
http://imgur.com/2usysej
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*master*

Damn ! I've been keep refreshing download page to get a early SSE ENB binary and then bam ! FO4 thingy again. I think everybody entitled to speak their own mind since you asked and my opinion Fo4 is a uttercrap game. I tried to play it on my PS4 on Survival mode difficulty that it came from a bundle I purchased but I found nothing in it but free settlements and build turret to defense them.
Last edited by Tansarville on 30 Oct 2016, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay okay, i'll try to do SSE first