TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE

I also agree.

And as a small adition to my previous comment regarding performance, just check gophers video comparison between skyrim vanilla and SE. Towns see up to 100% increase in performance ( 50 fps to 100 fps in markath for example) and others seeing a minimum of 50% while both games run on ultra and SE's ultra is way above vanilla's one.

That just shows how much more can be done in this SE.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The game is 5 years old...

*master*

Sorry but I disagree with you ciritc guys. In my point of view and I modded Skyrim SSE already to see how it handles even the old mods, I managed to get a lot of mods work. The most important mods are being portet. In my case it is Immserive Armors, Immersive Weapons, Climates of Tamriel, ELFX, and a lot of other very big mods. SKYUI will follow when the SKSE guys are ready (which could take a while) and I agree with you on the point, that not all mods will be converted. But does it even matter? Need ALL mods to be converted? SKyrim Dx9 seems to be just good enough for screenarchery and for THAT it could be used still. But when you want a smooth game experience then the dx11 version is the way to go. Now it depends on WHAT do you want from skyrim? Do you want to Screenarcher? Here you go, use SKyrim 2011. Do you want a good game experience? Here you go, take Skyrim SE. And don`t tell me "Oh my old Skyrim is running perfectly its so so so awesome always 100 FPS with ENB on Ultra settings. Even with 100 npcs on screen. This is not f'king true. The Special edition is way more potent for modding and for playing. It just hachted. So maybe you give it some time and then after 5 years you can bother everyone. "Oh man after 5 years SKyrim SE didn't become nearly as good as Skyrim 2011". Sorry, but those impatient people are the worst and destroying possibilities for others.

In the End it is Boris decision. If he says: The Code is to complicated and shitty I won't do it. I'd rather continue the Fallout 4 ENB. So it is. No Problem. But if he's willing to do it because he thinks, there are possibilities to make this solid. (not every feature of Dx9 ENB but this is not a must have) But solid enough to make Skyrim SE a great experience like the Fallout 4 ENB's (which look very very good, even without all Skyrim DX9 possibilites) then why shouldn't he go for it?

Boris if you feel forced by all those people wanting an ENB for Skyrim SE from you (like me) don't do it. Just do it, if its nice for you working on it. If Fallout 4 suits you better then do that. It's as simple as that.

*sensei*

tapioks wrote:The game is 5 years old...
And it took 4 years to get where we are now with dx9 version ENB. Some people think, coding is "type abcdefg12345 supershader:enabled=1, hit enter, Tadaaa! GRAPHEX". Hyperiders =\

Dragens wrote:Oh my old Skyrim is running perfectly its so so so awesome always 100 FPS
Yes. Solid 60 fps. Heavily modded and well-optimized. Do you know why? Because I don't mod it like a moron.
Dragens wrote:SKYUI will follow when the SKSE
if

Dragens wrote:not all mods will be converted. But does it even matter? Need ALL mods to be converted?
All good mods. Yes please.

Dragens wrote: SKyrim Dx9 seems to be just good enough for screenarchery and for THAT it could be used still. But when you want a smooth game experience then the dx11 version is the way to go. Do you want to Screenarcher? Here you go, use SKyrim 2011. Do you want a good game experience? Here you go, take Skyrim SE
You want great game experience SSE gives you - go and play SSE, wtf are you doing here at all then? Asking for ENB for SSE? You don't need visuals. Leave ENB for screenarchers. Off you go.

Dragens wrote: So maybe you give it some time and then after 5 years you can bother everyone.
Easier said than done, right? It's not you who will spend 5 years of life working hard on ENB.

Dragens wrote:SKyrim Dx9 seems to be just good enough for screenarchery
5 years of non-stop modding, countless playthroughs, millions of fans worldwide, billions of profit..
All for screenarchery.

Dragens wrote:those impatient people are the worst
Dragens wrote:all those people wanting an ENB for Skyrim SE from you (like me)
*tactical nuclear facepalm*

Xilandro wrote:
Dragens wrote:Oh my old Skyrim is running perfectly its so so so awesome always 100 FPS
Yes. Solid 60 fps. Heavily modded and well-optimized. Do you know why? Because I don't mod it like a moron.
No it doesn't. Considering vanilla Skyrim unmodded gets drops to 50 fps in markath on a 4790k + 980 (Which i'm sorry but the 4790k IPC shits all over that i5-2400) - again just watch gopher's vid (i'm also on a 4790k + 1070 +16gb 2400mhz ddr3 cl10 ram). Cpu usage in towns is hilariously bad causing gpu bottlenecks. That's without mods which add more objects. Basically unless all you do is mod in textures and nothing else that improves the terrain/objects in town/meshes/npcs you'll have bottlenecks dropping your frames (in certain situations like towns / lots of npc interaction etc) sub 60 no matter what hardware you're using.

Better to just be honest and say you're not a fan of skyrim, or you got bored of skyrim instead of making things up to push your agenda.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Some of you guys must be crazy. Do you realize how many years of development it has taken to bring ENB to what it is now for the original Skyrim? Now you're basically asking Boris to start from scratch and for what? So that you can have a few more more FPS. I know that some of you guys are hardcore and in a way I too would absolutely love to see what Boris can do with the SE, but at the same time I kind of fail to see the point or any justification for spending a considerable amount of time on it, no matter which way you spin it there's very little new in the SE and most of the modders have long since moved forward. It's not like you can reignate the same flame again for such an aging product and bring back the old times, no matter how much we'd love that.

*master*

to Xilandro: As far as I know the SKSE team is working on it (first looking into the code and see whats there)

Even with the basegame it is nearly impossible to geht 60 fps in every region with a normal rig that 90% of people have. (btw not everyone is a "pro" modder that is optimizing like hell. Most of the people wnat to install and play. Maybe have SOME optimization.) I too don't mod like a moron but there are still boundaries that will cause problems and that is the nature of a normal pc most people have and the 32 bit system of Skyrim 2011.

if you cannot leave some mods out then yes play with skyrim dx9 no problem for me. I don't need all mods that I used to be converted. The crucial ones are enough for me. Maybe my expectations of modding are a little lower than yours.

My great game experience is immersion and graphics comes with it. Smooth atmospheric experience. So I have a good interest in the ENB series but in a goodlooking performance way and not cranking up every setting that is possible and do a 9 fps screenshot.

No I won't spend 5 years in modding an no one who doesn't want will. But there will be motivated people that are open for the new SE and there will be people trying to bring modding much further than the dx9 version was letting them. Not everyone is on the "awww god we worked so long on this why do we have to do it again." because there is no "again" there is just "other" things. Some parts in modding will be easier and some will be new to figure out. Where is the problem? Everyone that is tired of Skyrim modding will not do it so why shouldn't people have hope in those who are?
And to come to the enb part. As I said. Boris don't even have to bother if he doesn't want to. I appreciate it. But thats all. If he's not doing it. He isn't. That is no problem. No one has to work hard for anything if he doesn' want to. So working hard from a free will is no argument to bring up. Or an argument to say "oh this is so cruel that you want an ENB" What is so bad about it. Sure its work. Boris don't have to do it, if its a problem for him. I won't be mad. Its just how it is then.

You misunderstood what I wanted to say. There are two versions now. From a technical performance point of you. Dx9 is the best for screearchery at this moment. DX11 is the best for performance. If we are lucky DX11 could be both. But DX9 is definitely on the lower end of performance.

I am not impatient. I am just honest. I hope for an ENB. But I have no problem with it not happening. This is up to the man that is working on those binaries. I respect that. So don't give me that childish facepalm.

to mindflux: When it is so dumb to work on something like that or "ignite a flame" like you said. Then no one should work on it. But people do. Why? When it is just that old flame. Don't tell me the "pressure" of the people that expect it from the mod authors. They are mature human beings if they don't want to they don't need to. No forcing nothing. They have the lever in their hands to do it or not. So why not asking for it. Pointless or not. It depends on the answer. I know that it was 5 years of coding and that it isn't easy. If its too much work they can leave it. No problem.

*master*

mindflux wrote:Some of you guys must be crazy. Do you realize how many years of development it has taken to bring ENB to what it is now for the original Skyrim? Now you're basically asking Boris to start from scratch and for what? So that you can have a few more more FPS. I know that some of you guys are hardcore and in a way I too would absolutely love to see what Boris can do with the SE, but at the same time I kind of fail to see the point or any justification for spending a considerable amount of time on it, no matter which way you spin it there's very little new in the SE and most of the modders have long since moved forward. It's not like you can reignate the same flame again for such an aging product and bring back the old times, no matter how much we'd love that.
You made me feel guilty about my post :D (how you doing btw hope everything is going well)

It's Boris decision after all. I can understand why FO4 modders want FO4 cause it's looking far better and it's already in motion and updated game comparison to Skyrim. And there is no such universe that Skyrim can manage to look like FO4. Skyrim looks ugly and very outdated. If this is moment that some people come up and start telling XXX ENB preset looking like Cry Engine 5 I just want to say stop being delusional to those people which I heard very similar things in my post section that all made me laugh. Using 45 FOV and taking XXX character's face or arse won't make those preset better or like Cry Engine 5. When you use proper angle in game to capture entire scene grim truth hits what is about Skyrim infact.

if I hadn't hate FO4 gameplay I would want same things as FO4 modders ask. Nobody would want to work on a 5 years old game that looks already pretty ugly. No pushing by myside about it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry Tansarville, wasn't my intention :D I'm all good thanks, just haven't had much time for modding (or gaming) lately. Good to see you're still around (cheers to everyone else too).

With my comments I was just trying to think rationally. In a perfect world I too would love to have ENB for SE just because Skyrim is an extraordinary game unlike any other. But realistically, it would take a long time to even somewhat match the feature set of the original ENB, meaning that the SE ENB will more or less always be a secondary to the original one so thinking about it logically it doesn't make much sense. But yeah, maybe the SE ENB could get a away with a lesser feature set? AO/IL, Skylighting, SSS, support for custom shaders and an ability to disable all original game color correction (sure, could be done with CK too and that would be perfectly fine) would get us pretty far already. But how much work those alone are, I don't know.

I'm actually on the same boat regarding FO4, I never liked FO games because of their theme. All that post-apocalyptic stuff is depressing :lol: