TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Skyrim SE

ENBSeries wrote:Omg, ssao in Skyrim SE is purely facepalm. I don't understand why so many crapmakers working in famous studios. And users eat this shit gladly! This world is freaking perverted unfair.
The DoF effect is pretty bad too lol

*master*

The impressive part is that all those artifacts in the "raw" buffer are all clearly visible on character models, especially their necks, and many bright objects, and they still decided to ship it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

roxahris wrote:The impressive part is that all those artifacts in the "raw" buffer are all clearly visible on character models, especially their necks, and many bright objects, and they still decided to ship it.
True.
Game's AO and DoF are absolute shit. I couldn't believe my eyes at how amateurish they look.

Boris
Hope you're fine and everything will be fine as well for you.
And yes, "unfair" is the exact word.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

roxahris wrote:The impressive part is that all those artifacts in the "raw" buffer are all clearly visible on character models, especially their necks, and many bright objects, and they still decided to ship it.
This. The hideous SSAO implementation and fake lighting applied to characters actually makes the characters look worse in this version of the game than the original. Whoever thought applying that spotlight effect to all characters was a good idea should have been slapped!

TwoArmedMan15 wrote:
This. The hideous SSAO implementation and fake lighting applied to characters actually makes the characters look worse in this version of the game than the original. Whoever thought applying that spotlight effect to all characters was a good idea should have been slapped!
Well thankfully you can turn of characters lights, by typing "cl off" in the console

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Been experimenting with all kinds of AO/IL algorythms from ReShade. No real luck with any of these.
IL is absolutely necessary in Skyrim IMHO, and nothing came close ENB's AO/IL solution.
I really wish you can port it over to the SE with the same specs Boris. Crossing fingers.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

DOF is just laughable. I cannot beleive they showed it off as a feature.
But the worst part is still ingame tonemapping, which crushes everything to black\overexposed white. I cannot see my characters face sometimes, and it becomes even more silly if you play as a redguard.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

dpeasant wrote:DOF is just laughable. I cannot beleive they showed it off as a feature.
But the worst part is still ingame tonemapping, which crushes everything to black\overexposed white. I cannot see my characters face sometimes, and it becomes even more silly if you play as a redguard.
This.
Without forgetting it destroys bloom at the same time.
Sharpening, contrast (and even), and external DoF excepted, this game is untweakable in its current state.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, I can't get my head around the shitty tone-mapping either, it's like those crushed black blotches are everywhere and like my dpeasant mentioned especially the character models suffer a lot. At first I thought there's something wrong with my system but I guess not since you guys are having the same issue. I think even being able to replace the tone-mapping with your own would get us far.

*master*

It's not so much the tonemapping as the imagespace settings. Especially compared to normal, the SE ramps them up to extremes.

On an aside note, I find it a little wacky that they added subsurface scattering to snow - but not characters.