TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Skyrim SE

In regards to the awful tonemapping and the black crush in SSE, you can edit your Skyrim.ini file by adding "fGlobalContrastBoost=-0.2" under [Display]. Removes the insane black faces when you talk to people with the sun behind them, and you can use post processing like ENB afterwards to get the colours back to where you want them.

Without that, you're trying to balance and post-process an image that's already got crushed blacks, so it's a lot harder. The downside to this method is if you want to share your preset afterwards you'll have to put up with all the people who ignore your instruction to add the .ini tweak and claim that your preset looks rubbish on their computer :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm not sure if that is the right way if the engine update is closer to Fallout 4 now as you change the entire frame with that not only the shadow ratio

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I already replaced post processing, give me time folks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'll do i gonna check some of my older results now in the new Render Core and see how the shadows and some strange lighting conditions all are fixed and Aliasing reduced and be happy with that at first ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

I can't wait for SE's ENB. On the old version of Skyrim, I would be getting lower frames on vanilla with Skyrim 2K as the only added mod than I do on SE with Reshade, Noble Skyrim Full, Amidianborn armor and weapons, 4k body textures, Open Cities Skyrim and a few other mods. I was never quite sure why I had such low FPS on the old engine, only ever between 10 and 25FPS, but I powered through it. On the new engine I am getting 60FPS in most areas, with the framerate maxing at 30 at some times for...some reason I've yet to figure out.

I think one of the greatest testaments to the new engine happens to be the port of Open Cities over to Skyrim SE. The only feature it's missing is the MCM menu, for obvious reasons, but I don't lose a single frame with it. Compared to the old engine, where Open Cities practically made my computer cry, it's a massive improvement.

In terms of specs, for the curious, I run a modest machine. 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 1333, AMD FX-6300 overclocked to 4.4Ghz, Radeon R9 380 4GB version, and a 7200RPM hard drive, playing at 1920x1080 with all my settings maxed (minus Antialiasing on old Skyrim as per ENB)

Boris, please take your time just as the others who are working on Skyrim SE's new engine are being forced to do. In the end, I'm sure people will appreciate hard work done well than work done so quick it ends in a somewhat broken mess - I know I will.
Last edited by riku_kurai on 03 Nov 2016, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:I already replaced post processing, give me time folks.
Great ! Take all the time you need, no rush.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

ENBSeries wrote:I already replaced post processing, give me time folks.
Take your time, no rush.

---------

TBH, since the game also got ported to Xbone and PS4, I'm sure those two used a different palette, colorspace, etc.

The volumetric rays are a mixed bag, as without them the sun becomes nearly invisible. Turning off certain visuals to obtain performance actually made the game uglier.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

First version of the mod is released, previous discussion is left here untouched, topic renamed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Thanks, will be testing tonight. By the way, in the description subsurface scattering is listed as an implemented effect?

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Thank you very much Boris!