TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Testing this asap, can't wait :) Amazing how quickly you did it once again! Thanks for you continued contribution to the gaming community in general.

Great work Boris, thank you so much!

Just thought i'd let you know, tested this a bit with the default files/parameters.

This is using Windows10 / NV driver 375.70 on a 1070 / 4790k / 16gb ddr3 @ 2400. Getting some weird drops (to 40ish fps) in certain situations, near riverwood coming from the game starting area with around 50% gpu utilization so it's not a problem with the gpu getting capped, then it keeps changing between 35-60.
Disabling the ENB ingame via shift+enter and options doesn't fix the problem.
With ENB dll not loaded, it's all smooth 60 fps with 70% gpu utilization. So i think there's an issue somewhere with the dll.

EDIT : after further testing, seems to be related to game's vsync messing up ENB. After disabling it (presentinterval set to 0), fps is uncapped and stable around 80-90 with no more drops to 40ish and heavy stutters.

Not sure why, Skyrim ENB worked fine with the game's vsync, anyway, hope this helps you :)

Thank you so much Boris! Can't wait to try it out, and I will spread the word :D

Thanks a lot Boris, your work is greatly appreciated.
chris85 wrote:Great work Boris, thank you so much!

Just thought i'd let you know, tested this a bit with the default files/parameters.

This is using Windows10 / NV driver 375.70 on a 1070 / 4790k / 16gb ddr3 @ 2400. Getting some weird drops (to 40ish fps) in certain situations, near riverwood coming from the game starting area with around 50% gpu utilization so it's not a problem with the gpu getting capped, then it keeps changing between 35-60.
With ENB dll not loaded, it's all smooth 60 fps with 70% gpu utilization. So i think there's an issue somewhere with the dll.

EDIT : after further testing, seems to be related to game's vsync messing up ENB. After disabling it (presentinterval set to 0), fps is uncapped and stable around 80-90 with no more drops to 40ish and heavy stutters.

Not sure why, Skyrim ENB worked fine with the game's vsync, anyway, hope this helps you :)
On a regular basis you should (or rarely) never use games Vsync settings, external tools and/or GPU's are the ones to go.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you for setting this so fast. :shock:
Will try asap.
But...what....no SSAO ?.... :D Just kidding, Boris.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Zexen wrote:Thanks a lot Boris, your work is greatly appreciated.
chris85 wrote:Great work Boris, thank you so much!

On a regular basis you should (or rarely) never use games Vsync settings, external tools and/or GPU's are the ones to go.
Thanks, i know, just that skyrim doesn't have a vsync option to enable/disable afaik, just via the ini file. :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ini hacks with settings which are disabled by default is always risky.

*master*

Thanks Boris ! I've been just ported my pixel shader quickly and everything up and running ! It's been a long time since I have seen it with default lighting and vanilla textures :D I'll into more detailed tests now.
Imageresim yükleme servisi

Hi folks, first of all many thanks to Boris for the new ENB. I just come to chime in on testing, but I'm not a gfx modder. I've followed a lot of the posts on this forum however (read every page of this and fallout 4 among others).

First of all, this runs good, no performance loss so far on the 980ti @ 1440p. Using in-game Vsync too, which so far is a first for me with a Beth game for any longer than 5 minutes. I noted that it currently looks very greyish, not sure what you call it and not sure what settings really affect it, but see some screenies here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p6wjfguvt393 ... jHM3a?dl=0 . Also for me, when I press Shift+Enter, menu is not disappearing, always turned on.

Shots with the Whiterun house show the settings I was trying. Shot with the pillar at High Hrothgar, I was seeing the shadow being rendered at very close distance (probably already vanilla problem). I will try to learn more by continue to read your posts and not bother you too much. I will look at some more locations as well.

SMB92 wrote:Hi folks, first of all many thanks to Boris for the new ENB. I just come to chime in on testing, but I'm not a gfx modder. I've followed a lot of the posts on this forum however (read every page of this and fallout 4 among others).

First of all, this runs good, no performance loss so far on the 980ti @ 1440p. Using in-game Vsync too, which so far is a first for me with a Beth game for any longer than 5 minutes. I noted that it currently looks very greyish, not sure what you call it and not sure what settings really affect it, but see some screenies here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p6wjfguvt393 ... jHM3a?dl=0 . Also for me, when I press Shift+Enter, menu is not disappearing, always turned on.

Shots with the Whiterun house show the settings I was trying. Shot with the pillar at High Hrothgar, I was seeing the shadow being rendered at very close distance (probably already vanilla problem). I will try to learn more by continue to read your posts and not bother you too much. I will look at some more locations as well.
Boris said it was a raw preset, with very little pre-configured. Most of the shaders need to be added on the different .fx files. Consider this version as not user friendly.