TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE

@Marty and Oyama: Amazing Screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sonnhy wrote:
Ewi wrote:that is normal. So the new shadows are rendered.
Very interesting... so that's how they improved part of the performance on SE. After all it couldn't be magic.
I think it's the AO, deinterleaved rendering and no proper separable blur creates artifacts like those. See the GTA V AO, it has similiar looking effect.

See the right upper corner? The pattern is not that well visible but it's from an official screenshot of V.

Marty McFly wrote:
I think it's the AO, deinterleaved rendering and no proper separable blur creates artifacts like those. See the GTA V AO, it has similiar looking effect.

See the right upper corner? The pattern is not that well visible but it's from an official screenshot of V.
Interesting. Are there any .ini options to improve AO other than decrese it with fGlobalContrastBoost (or whatever it was called)? Could it be that value, which is usually set to -0.20, as suggested by most, to reduce the shadowing?
Can the AO be brute-forced by driver be any better?
I'll look into these quesiton later on, I can't try these atm.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Abdelrahman Esam wrote:@Marty and Oyama: Amazing Screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you !
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sonnhy wrote: Interesting. Are there any .ini options to improve AO other than decrese it with fGlobalContrastBoost (or whatever it was called)? Could it be that value, which is usually set to -0.20, as suggested by most, to reduce the shadowing?
Can the AO be brute-forced by driver be any better?
I'll look into these quesiton later on, I can't try these atm.
I don't know of any, hence I went ahead and ported a (modified) version of my ReShade MXAO:
And yes, you can use it in conjunction with my DoF, no more ENB DOF + ReShade AO artifacts, here AO is rendered before DoF and integrates perfectly. It's also very lightweight. However it doesn't have all the fancy stuff Boris' AO got to offer (also no IL yet), it's just a tweakable, better version of the existing AO ;)

I'll need to wrap some things up until release though.

*master*

Marty, which ENB do you use? Your own custom thing or something specific?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

My own custom thing. Since I didn't quite get the start when Vanilly Skyrim ENB grew, I want to have my own preset right from the start, so it can grow along with the ENB features Boris adds. On old Skyrim, it'd take ages to set up an enb with all features but now it goes step by step.

*master*

I wonder if in the future, Boris could set up the ENB SSAO/IL to a separate enbssao.fx file that could be modified with MXAO or other custom variations of SSAO similar to his enbbloom.fx and enblens.fx that are easily replaceable for those who prefer different SSAO implementations. In theory this would be much better for SSAO shaders, because the SSAO would have access to some internal engine stuff that I assume Boris' ENB SSAO does.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That'd mean that his AO was source open, which he doesn't want for obvious reasons. Possible solution would be use internal AO (as it is now) or external one with example code, user choice.

*master*

Yep, that would be cool. Like a simple "Use Custom" switch or drop down menu in the normal SSAO settings section.