VR mod

about everything
  • Author

Re: VR mod

Created an account just to post in this thread. I absolutely would enjoy an ENB mod for VR Skyrim. I know for a fact that there are many more who would like that as well.

Ongoing discussion about this thread on reddit shows that interest does indeed exist: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comme ... hell_work/

Skyrim VR is what made me come back to the world of Skyrim again. After only 10 hours I can't imagine going back to playing it on monitor, so ENB support in VR would be crazy awesome.

Skyrim VR is also the highest selling VR game at the moment. The community and mod support is growing.

I also made registered here just to comment on this. (Though I have visited before)

I would be very interested in an ENB for skyrim vr. The game performs very well as is. Of course enb effects would take a toll on performance at least it's a great foundation to build on.

Created an account just to post in this thread. I absolutely would enjoy an ENB mod for VR Skyrim. I know for a fact that there are many more who would like that as well.

Ongoing discussion about this thread on reddit shows that interest does indeed exist: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comme ... hell_work/
The thing is that there are even more people who want Special Edition ENB finished first, like many times more.

Blainex wrote:

The thing is that there are even more people who want Special Edition ENB finished first, like many times more.
SSE and Skyrim VR use the same engine, so development progress should be transferable between two games.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

VR will be much harder to modify and same engines doesnt mean the same render pipeline.

I'm another one who would love to see ENB in Skyrim VR; it looks so good on a monitor, imagine stepping into that beautiful world! :o

Hey, my opinion is that I think a majority of people who use enb don't have VR, and would most prefer SE get all of the functions that oldrim has before VR does.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm a VR player and also created an account to comment here. I very much want ENB in VR, but if it's not completed yet for Skyrim Special Edition it being your focus is both fair (it was here first) and a better use of your time as it's accurate that more people still play pancake Skyrim than VR. Granted Skyrim VR is only 3 days old and already the best selling title on the platform, but the platform isn't likely to double it's numbers over night because of one game.

The only real point in favor of working on the VR version is if you're jaded with flat Skyrim after 6 years. It is seriously difficult to put into words how dramatically different games are in VR versus flat, and it's reinvigorated my love of gaming. Even puzzle and sports games that I normally hate are so much more interesting and engaging in VR.

Yes, VR headsets are lower resolution than monitors, yes the graphics look worse, and yes the anti aliasing on a lot of games is awful. These are all valid points, and there's no arguing with them. But another valid point is that I've been to god damn Skyrim! I didn't watch it, I didn't look through a window at it; I was there. I laid in it's grass and watched clouds drift past it's craggy mountain tops. I fought it's creatures with my own hands. I walked through it's forests and visited some of it's towns. Yes you lose graphic fidelity in VR; but it's the difference between looking out your window and going outside.

I clearly very strongly believe VR is the future of gaming, but honestly VR players can wait on ENB. We're never going to have the same graphics that SE players can achieve no matter what. We're in VR for the presence; to actually be in these worlds. We already chose to make a minor graphics sacrifice to achieve it so asking for SE to be put on hold for a VR ENB just isn't fair in my opinion.

I also also registered just to comment on this. chapmanbobby made most of the points worth making, I just wanted to add that I stopped playing Skyrim halfway through years ago specifically because I knew it would be possible to finish it in VR someday. Today is that day. Skyrim VR is the thing that is going to turn me into a modder, and I can confirm that doing any kind of development work in VR feels more challenging and rewarding than any other kind of work I have encountered. I believe you would enjoy it, Boris.

The rendering pipeline is almost certainly radically different from SSE, so the point stands that more people would get more use out of that project. That is quantity over quality, though - I would argue that VR users need ENB more than them. The base game is really quite ugly when you're standing inside it! :lol:

Skyrim VR modders may not be multitudinous, but we definitely do exist - the flurry of activity over at r/skyrimvr is exhilarating to watch. I'm pretty confident some donations would roll in if Boris advertised a "Buy Me a VR Headset" crowdfunding thing there, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if emails to Valve and Oculus got him a couple free headsets. Maybe we can get Boris to wear down the SKSE team, too? :D
Last edited by nateight on 05 Apr 2018, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.