VR mod

about everything
  • Author

Re: VR mod

I just made an account to say I love my HTC vive and I believe it will grow in popularity as the price drops on the old headset as the second generation ones are released. Also ready player one is suppose to increase sales of VR this year and the forecast going forward is for big increases in VR sales year over year. I bet there will be a lot of users interested in this, as the thread on skyrimvr reddit shows.

I just came here to thank you for all the work you've done on the ENB series over the past several years, and would also like to pitch in as well that ENB for Skyrim VR would be very welcomed, and would most likely be used by the vast majority of Skyrim VR players.

Skyrim VR runs much, much better than Fallout4 VR does, and takes a less powerful system to play. I've seen many people with low-end GPUs like a GTX 1050Ti or Radeon R9 270 saying they are able to play Skyrim VR on PC at stock settings at high framerate. There is a lot of headroom for modifications.

Also, all of the Skyrim SE mods that don't use SKSE64 or UI tweaks seem to work fine in Skyrim VR. I know this might not mean that the rendering pipelines are the same (or similar) between the two, but just investigating to see how different they are and how much work it would take to get ENB working would be welcomed.

Thank you again!

Also made an account just to post here.

You always get the same bitter people flying off the handle trying to shoot down anyone who has saved money for VR. "Ohh, hardly anyone has it" "the current generation sucks" "i've decided its not worth it" blaa blaa. Anyway, VR is awesome, it got me back into gaming. Yes the graphics aren't there yet, as many have mentioned before me. But if you find the time, please help us.

I like many others have thrown mods all over this thing and it is still running smoother than a penguin's lovesack.

Also, by all accounts the Pimax 8K should be out by the end of the year, as well as Nvidia's new cards. Can you imagine?

Things currently lacking in VR:

Resolution (Will be fixed by Pimax 8K)
FOV (Will be fixed by Pimax 8K)
Large immersive game (fixed by Skyrim VR)
Skyrim VR to look the way it should (FIX NEEDED BY BORIS)

Screw how many users there are!
You sir shall go down in the annals of history.
Your name forever etched on that famous moment in time.
The time when VR finally clicked and everyone had to have it.
That moment when everyone who tried that game and marvelled at your work,
turned to one another and proclaimed "HOLY SHIT SNACKS!"

In the words of famous 20th century visionary philosopher Will Smith:-
"I've got to get me one of these!"

p.s. Feel free to finish SSE first, I just really really want you to make this for VR.
p.p.s. I just got off the phone with Will Smith, he also stated a strong preference for you making this.

I'd very much love to see ENB support Skyrim VR. The VR experience is pretty great already and has gotten me back into playing Skyrim (and probably back into creating mods for it again as well). But even a subset of prior ENB functionality would be fantastic to have here, and I think it'd also be fine if it couldn't be tweaked from within VR.

I had checked out the special edition but it wasn't really enough to pull me back, it wasn't a big change to the experience the way Skyrim VR is. It's also one of the deepest games available for VR right now. Especially since Fallout 4 VR has some issues, particularly on the oculus rift (occlusion culling problems there that I haven't seen a fix for, and interface control issues but you can get around most of those with a vive controller emulator hook).

The big open world and exploration nature of Skyrim is a fantastic fit for VR, along with flinging fireballs or lightning bolts around with both hands :) ENB would complete the picture.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've got money from mod user to buy VR helmet and videocard.

ENBSeries wrote:I've got money from mod user to buy VR helmet and videocard.
Wow, that's awesome!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just saw something like this :

Maybe the VR in Skyrim is not a bad idea :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*master*

If you do an ENB for VR I think you should go down the minimal FPS hit route rather then overall quality route.

I can barely keep the game chugging along nicely at medium settings at 90fps with a GTX1080 on a windows mixed reality headset.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course

*master*

what headset are you looking at getting Boris?

They all have their pro's and cons and I've owned pretty much all of them. Wouldn't go near a Rift as the god rays spoil it - sold it within a week, the Vive was nice but too heavy when you look down and not high enough res, my current is a cheap lenovo explorer which has a great resolution but the blacks are grey and the colours don't pop. Controller tracking is also hit and miss. Might look at getting a Samsung Odyssey once they're available in the UK.

Perfect headset would be PSVR with higher resolution screen , shame it doesn't exist.