TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Qwinn wrote:Subsurface scattering, really?! Affecting NPC's too? Yer amazing Boris!

Should we stop using this mod then if we activate this effect in ENB?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/14238

Definitely. It prevents ENB SSS working at all.

Awesome work Boris! :D You've done a lot of good things for the SSE modding community, and we truly appreciate it. From my testing, this effect looks really good- much better than the imitation fake SSS released late December last year.

However, are there any other performance optimizations you can add to SSE ENB? That might help with a lot of us since SSE ENB's effects are so robust and advanced now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Qwinn
No idea

Martimius
I don't know what to optimize.

Spectacular update Boris, thank you! Running very solid frames here, even with quite a few mods (got roughly the same pc).

Boris, perhaps another thing that was possibly left out from the Oldrim version? I remember seeing this in the patch notes for v0.341
Updated ENBSeries 0.341 for TES Skyrim SE without version change. Increased performance when many objects visible in camera. I totally forgot that using such optimization in old Skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not left out, it's ported from there incompletely. Instead of recompute parameters each frame for each object (pow operation is slow), in old skyrim mod i have used saved values and compared to them, if they differ, then did full recomputation.

rcdcce wrote:
Qwinn wrote:Subsurface scattering, really?! Affecting NPC's too? Yer amazing Boris!

I assume this applies to some weather mods implementation of SSS, problem is you cant turn it off in some of them.

Perhaps maybe there is a way to still optimize the binaries- because some users report a drop in FPS just by having them installed, and without any effects on.

BigBen wrote:
rcdcce wrote:

I assume this applies to some weather mods implementation of SSS, problem is you cant turn it off in some of them.
I'm sure it wont take long for the authors to scrap those fx :-) Or at least make them optional.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Martimius
It is discussed many times here. Game is cpu limited, anything i do is reflected in fps drop as soon as amount of objects visible on screen is high enough. And in dx11 impossible to not have frame drops when mod is installed, variables for shaders are stored in buffers which locked and unlocked very often, i need to save that data for myself, so memory copy occurs every time and you see it as decreased fps.