TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

SSS looks fantastic, Boris. Amazing work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

godescalcus
No idea what you talking about, except clouds edge feature.

As usual, you are doing a wonderful job Boris, thanks for your work.

Have any of you tried to use ENB for SE in Windows 10 (1803)? I am 90% crashing on that windows version. I rolled back to the previous version and no more crashes.

Jakolanten wrote:Have any of you tried to use ENB for SE in Windows 10 (1803)? I am 90% crashing on that windows version. I rolled back to the previous version and no more crashes.
I've been using it for more than a week now, had no problems. Maybe you had some permissions reset.

BigBen wrote:I've been using it for more than a week now, had no problems. Maybe you had some permissions reset.
Ok I guess I will read more into it before I reinstall the update again. Glad to know the update is not the problem. Thank you for your response.

Fantastic work Boris!

One question though:

Is there any way you could rework the eye adaptation algorithm? The way it works right now is very hard to tune with the min/max settings and you get inconsistent results.

For example, if there is a fire source in the scene, the entire image darkens wayy too much to compensate.

Could you make it so the adaptation works based on the center of the screen (where the player is looking at?) or could you make the adaptation easier to tune?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, i will not change it. Fire source will not dark entire screen if you dont set it intensity too high. The code is from old skyrim and i tweaked it that time using real world scale for sky and hide behind walls to see if it work correctly, took a lot of time to tweak and i'm not interested to destroy existing presets by this change.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pritster5 -- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5321

Boris -- Thanks a lot :D No problems, so far, in the interiors with the latest update. One minor thing, if you uncheck (without pressing Apply Changes) in the effect section, EnableSubSurfaceScattering, AO is also turned off.

One question about SSS in SE. Is the alpha channel in the sss map works like in the Oldrim ENB, or is ignored ?

skysan4298 reported a problem with the lensflare intensity in the interiors, seems that the same thing happen with subsurface scattering for eyes and objects (maybe for vegetation too) :

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

OMG, I can't believe it.
SSS finally for SE.

Love you Boris, to the moon and back!
Will try to support you a bit once I'll receive my salary xD

Quick question though: shall we use any specific skin textures for SSS to fully unleash effect potential (like in Oldrim, there were some skin textures which were stated to fully utilize SSS from ENB, and some skin textures that were not using the full potential, not sure what was the requirement or specific channel in textures or something else..)