TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with subsurface scattering applied to ice spell and similar objects. Actually i didnt find what the heck is going on with that bug showed by Guzio, so just disabled drawing to sss all objects with rim lighting parameter.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

One more observation. Maybe it can be helpful. If you change the technique in the enbeffectpostpass.fx to SMAA (in my preset) this bug disappears (tested with TAA and FXAA)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I didnt try to test this bug without preset and was unable to find what is wrong, very unlogical. But as you say this, i expect it can be simply error in coding of preset, because bloom looks like accumulating between frames, so some area of the screen is not redrawed, can happen in external shader too, because i do not clean up render targets used there.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You perhaps have right, it's something with the code. Haven't tested all the presets form Nexus, but my (Rudy ENB), NVT ENB (if SMAA is turned off), Keizaal ENB and Vixxen Enb, are affected by this bug.
I thought it had something to do with the enbeffect.fx file, but EvokENB uses my file and I can't reproduce this bug when I use that preset.
Keizaal ENB and Aequinoctium ENB, they uses the same enbeffect.fx, and Keizaal have this bug, but Aequinoctium no.
Now, I don't know what to think about all of this.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Guzio wrote:You perhaps have right, it's something with the code. Haven't tested all the presets form Nexus, but my (Rudy ENB), NVT ENB (if SMAA is turned off), Keizaal ENB and Vixxen Enb, are affected by this bug.
I thought it had something to do with the enbeffect.fx file, but EvokENB uses my file and I can't reproduce this bug when I use that preset.
Keizaal ENB and Aequinoctium ENB, they uses the same enbeffect.fx, and Keizaal have this bug, but Aequinoctium no.
Now, I don't know what to think about all of this.
Then just use the elimination method to see what's causing it. Use boris vanilla preset and replace parts at a time until you find the culprit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

O.K. found it. I can reproduce that bug with the default files from the previous binaries (so it's not a code problem) and my enbseries.ini file. It appears when Subdermalmix or Epidermalmix is set above zero.

But why, with SMAA, it disappears ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I cant say, spent several hours experimenting, but no luck. I draw objects to another render target as mask which shows when sss exist or when not. If i set this output value in mask somewhere about 0.95 (mask is ldr texture), then bloom start to overflow with the time, which means it's intensity in that area added to same from previous frame. And what strange, that glowing spell is not drawed as transparent object at all, so it must not affected. Textures for sss i clear every frame, so they can't accumulate any error to increase brightness when sss itself applied to screen. Later transparent overlay drawed to make bloomy look, i tried to turn it off, but nothing changes and bug persist. I can't explain it.

Boris, what happens if the object has both soft lighting and rim lighting enabled? Does SSS still get disabled?

For example, Dawnguard huskies have both these flags enabled.

Boris, is it possible to add ENBoost to SE? I could use Fallout 4's, however I would lose SE's graphical options.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

cruelflames
I fixed the bug with bloom by ignoring back_lighting flag of objects. But it seems rim_lighting is also often flagged for such objects. You can try yourself, that's all i can suggest. This bug is very weird and i dont know why it happen, the other way to fix it is to disable certain shader (but it do not guarantee bug will not appear with another one) or turn off by some other flag of objects, i dont know which one. Visually i didnt find anything wrong disabled after fix.

Jungle Peanut
I dont see any changes in the game to make ENBoost. I can only increase performance for very slow videocards (with 64 or 128 bit memory), but with such videocards old skyrim running much faster.