TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Boris, praying you can do something about this. Something between versions 0.338 and 0.341 broke water reflections in 3D Vision. They're perfectly fine in 0.338, but in 0.341 and 0.343, the reflections of trees, mountains, etc. in the water in 3D Vision aren't displayed stereoscopically, I only see one image of the reflections when I take off the glasses, unlike everything else, so they're basically rendered with no depth and makes water actually painful to look at. Wish I'd spotted this sooner, I was doing more modding than playing in the last couple of weeks and I just didn't come across any water in that time. I *think* the water itself is displaying correctly and it's just the reflections, but can't be sure as all the water looks pretty bad but I think that may be because all of it is reflecting to one degree or another.

Seriously hope this is something that can be fixed... been dying for SSS for soooo long and now I'm faced with the possibility of being stuck in 0.338 forever :/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know how to test such things. Try disable SpeedHack. But sss will never work in stereo anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, please test if attached version have any bugs compared to official one, for example something not tweakable or wrong colors, flickering, etc. It's just bit more optimization against cpu bottleneck when many objects visible.

EDIT: file deleted

Boris, Seems like using that new DLL gave me about 6-8 fps boost depending on how bad the area is, so i'd definitely say its an improvement.

Hiya Boris. Ok, some results from my testing of the 3d Vision water thing, but some of the results apply even without 3D Vision on:

1) Turning off SSS mostly disables SS Ambient Occlusion, in both 3D and not. By "mostly" I mean that, with SSS off, turning SSAO on and off causes the brightness (or perhaps shadows) on the surrounding environment to change very slightly. With SSS on, turning SSAO on and off makes a huge difference to everything, meaning it works normally.

2) SSS works perfectly in 3D Vision. Really. All its effects that I see when 3D Vision is turned off (and they are noticeable, and awesome) are still there and with proper depth in 3D Vision.

3) The water reflection issue in 3D Vision persists even if I disable every effect under "Effects", and even if I turn all the "Use Originals" on. It persists with Speedhack = False, Enable Edge AA = false, Enable Prepass and Postpass Dithering = false, FixReflectionTrees = false and DisableFakeLights = false . The only way the reflections work properly in 3D Vision now is to disable the entire ENB effect via the Global "Enable" setting.

Remember, whatever broke it happened in 0.341, not 0.343, so I'm guessing SSS has nothing to do with it unless something you did for 0.341 paved the way for SSS. Is it possible it was this 0.341 change - "Fixed game shaders to remove limitation of ldr", and if so, would it be too hard to reverse that change just for whatever shaders are used for water reflections and put up a quick test version to let me test it out? I've already donated previously but happy to do so again to compensate you for your time on that, I know us 3D vision users aren't a very large part of your user base. I'd surmise water reflections wouldn't look that different between LDR and HDR anyway.

Thanks Boris!

Running and looking great here, no bugs yet.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Everything seems to be OK.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Hate to be a bummer yet again, but I did find a very odd bug from using the d3d11.dll posted a few posts ago.

I found a single character - Sigrid in Riverwood, whose appearance in my game is provided by the mod The Ordinary Women, normally has brown hair. With the released 0.343 ENB, everything looks fine. With the d3d11.dll posted previously, depending on the angle I'm looking at her - just swiveling side to side, not even moving - her hair instantaneously switches back and forth from dark brunette to blonde. Very easy to reproduce with the posted dll, and cannot be reproduced with the released d3d11.dll. I switched back and forth between the two .dll's half a dozen times loading the same save game to confirm, and it's consistent. There are other blonde characters nearby (her family), and it may be that it's confusing her hair color with someone else in the view, as it does seem to be the same shade of blonde hair.

Oh, and I didn't get an FPS boost, but that's not surprising. Between the 3D Vision and me having 4K textures everywhere, I'm definitely video card bound, not CPU bound.
Last edited by Qwinn on 18 May 2018, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.

Definitely got a 4-5 FPS boost in Falkreath.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Qwinn
I cant see the bug, maybe it happen when she is in certain place, some time of the day, non vanilla hairs or something else depending? Can you turn off all effects, except UseEffect parameter to check if something changes? Post screenshot at which place bug occur.