TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Phinix wrote:
Supierce wrote:Phinix, the latest Steam beta isn't closing games completely. I opted out and installed the non-beta version of Steam, all is well again.
Just double checked and I am not using the Steam beta. I am opted out of betas in steam settings and my version is the latest standard v018 built May 18 2018.
Okay - sorry.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
I am working with modding all the time and would notice that issue, so cause i dont have it, it's impossible to debug without losing huge amount of time for testing here on the forum. Maybe you have something like ReShade or Afterburner running?

*sensei*

Boris,

Good call! I just tried loading and exiting the game without MSI Afterburner and there was no problem.

This is strange to me however and perhaps you have some insight why this would be the case? I have used MSI Afterburner for years with ENB, always with all on-screen stuff disabled. My last NVIDIA card was a 780 and never had a problem with Afterburner and ENB.

I am going to try it with the ASUS overclocking app that comes with the card, as I want something at least that does dynamic heat-based fan control. But that this would suddenly be a problem is very strange to me. Perhaps it is something wonky with ASUS' new cards and/or GSync combined with Afterburner...

EDIT: Same problem using ASUS GPUTweak, buth minimized to system tray. If it is too much of a pain and no one else has the problem I will just use the screensaver trick after exiting, no big deal.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is everything o.k. with the specular on a skin in the latest update ? For me it stops working at all (I'm using a textures from Oldrim).
And "disable fake light" in the fix section can't be switched on/off during the game (it's probably not a bug).

EDIT - For me the latest version is unstable too. See, after a fast travel to Riverwood, I alt-tab from the game too, before this happens:

This bug is strange, because it affects also the game graphics when I turned enb off. The left half of the screen was black in my case, but I haven't recorded that moment.

Maybe you can do a something like a release candidate section in downloads for a public tests.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
As i said earlier, these new optimizations are very tricky and not so usual, if some software/mod hook some changed functions, it is gonna fail. I move execution of functions and memory copying for constant buffers to other place to save as much ram bandwidth as possible, cause game have bottleneck about this and i at least doubling it by retriving the data i need for adjusting parameters per object. But i think this information from you is important enough and i should give up and restore old code, there are too many applications which hook in to graphics and no way i can prevent this. Now i'm working on another optimization, moving everything in to shaders instead of cpu side, so performance will be scaled by videocard and bit slower in general, but bit faster when many objects drawed on screen. Hope this will help enough. Biggest problem is in VR version, on the bridge when watching at Riverwood, performance there drops from 90 to around 60-70 fps (non linear, cause it's similar to vsync, 90fps and 45fps, 30fps frames only). I can ignore SSE, but mostly use it for experiments for VR, cause doing this in VR version is harder and longer by time.

Guzio
Specular for me works. It's just not as big as before by intensity and power combo, cause previous math was invalid.
DisableFakeLight become static because moved it to shaders for patching, because it worth to do so by performance reasons instead of change variable for every object.
About video, i have seen such problems earlier with test versions, but not with new one. So, maybe you also using ReShade or some other software?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris -- Strange, but after a hour of gameplay, can't reproduce this bug. No Reshade
In my case, all the NPC`s have no specular adjustment at all (Tempered Skins and WICO) even a custom follower :

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio
That bug occurs from multithreading errors, when game execute different functions of d3d from different threads, so it's not so easy to catch it. And i can't put everything under protection against this, because it is compared by performance degradation to no optimization done at all, so i trying in various ways to skip at least reading required data in thread unsafe way with minial code to check if data is in use by some other thread, but still no luck as you see.
About specular, i think you forgot that there is [object] category for bodies.

Hi Boris. I would like to report a bug about the fog in the soul cairn. The fog around the buildings with ENB enabled likes to flicker on and off and sometimes turn into a glowing purple light.

This is how it's supposed to look and looks that way with the mod turned off or original object processing on

https://imgur.com/a/ZTECpLz

This is how it looks with the mod enabled

https://imgur.com/a/cfEaXwG

Thank you for your continued support on the mod :)

Edit: this is where you find arvaks head for the arvak horse quest

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Are those bugs occur in attached version?

EDIT: file deleted