Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Oh...weird. It was actually working for me, and the game threw the missing esp warning as I went in so I was a little confused. Thanks.

EDIT: Scratch that. You're right, the fix wasn't working:p. Will it ever be re-worked/re-added?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Does it seem like it's still needed? Probably, I would imagine.

I'll take a look (for you and the two other guys that are still playing this game).

Thanks..

Hi,

In SE, the Castle Volkihar corpses where vampire thralls are feeding have a dusty and flashing green/pink tint :

I don't know what's going on there, but fiddling with flags and shaders in Nifskope has absolutely no effect. As far as I remember, skin parts from other static meshes (characters in loadscreens) look fine and are rendering properly...

meshes\dlc01\clutter\vampireclutter\dlc01vampirethrallfeedta01.nif
meshes\dlc01\clutter\vampireclutter\dlc01vampirethrallfeedta02.nif

Turning OFF the EnableSubSurfaceScattering feature partially solves the issue, but still show other oddities in the meshes : some parts are weirdly dark, unless it comes from my ENB preset...

"I'll take a look (for you and the two other guys that are still playing this game)."

Wait, what?

Had over 10000 unique downloads of the SSE port of TMB Vanilla Armor in its first two weeks, and that includes about five days of being in moderation.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Really? I kind of thought that everyone had already moved on but that's great to here that there's still a lively community.

Regarding the flame atronach, I take it that the problem is the body disappearing from the dead atronach? I don't remember that being the case in Oldrim, and it does look kinda buggy. I took a quick look around the meshes and the CK but couldn't find anything useful anywhere, so it would appear as if this issue is out of my league. It is a vanilla game issue though. If someone knows what might be going on any pointers would be appreciated.

Nico
The issue disappears when ENB is disabled?

@Mindflux : yes. Looks like these meshes are handled as statics. Removing the _sk related textures refrences is a good start. I'm actually working on them and already found the sensible mesh settings to tweak (flags, shaders, and textures used). I'll post the result of my investigations soon.

"Really? I kind of thought that everyone had already moved on but that's great to here that there's still a lively community."

Oh, I think so. SSE is just coming into its own, in the sense that most of the best features and mods from oldrim are supported now. I think Boris making real SSS work for SSE had a large impact. I've noticed a significant dropoff in the number of new mods being made for oldrim since then... I think SSS was the last thing holding a lot of people back, and now that they can keep it, a lot have decided to finally take the plunge and dump oldrim and move on to SSE. So, yeah, I don't think SSE is going away anytime real soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You might be right, most people are really into character modding so no doubt SSS is pretty much a must-have feature for them. It's is a major enticement for me too, though, although I'm not into that character stuff. Not sure if you could actually now match Oldrim in terms of visuals, might be possible though? I haven't even thought about it but seems like an interesting thing to look into seeing as I still run pretty much-bare bones game.

Nico
Oddly enough, the poor chaps on the tables look mostly fine except for a bright outline caused by SSS.

@Mindflux : Would be an hardware issue, so ? (GTX 970 on my side)
Anyway, I managed to fix it. Here's the fix I designed by fiddling with flags, shaders and proper textures : http://host.conseiljedi.com/~nico/Skyri ... d%20Fix.7z

Feel free to use it in any way you want.

Still not perfect as there are small visual discontinuities on wrists and necks (most probably caused by normals not matching on the joining chunks, but that would be too much time consuming for me to fix it by hand). Apart from this, I don't see any other issue there...