Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Thank you Boris.

Disabled the snow shader, disabled the sparkles.
Did the same in the skyrimprefs ini.
Then in the Beth.ini
Checked the particle patch which wasnt at fault
Checked the engine fixes, which had nothing to do with it
Checked snow mods, textures, meshes. Nothing.

Found out Mod Organizer 2 uses its own inis and those I had to change.
Don't really like that I "have" to use it.

*master*

Hey guys me again. I found out that the nifs of the small underground wall mushrooms are incompatible with the enb. they should glow but with the particle patch they no longer glow. on top of that in the past we had the issue that webs are not compatible and you deleted web nifs but there is still one that is causing problems. without particle patch the web is visible and with particle patch it is only visible if you take a torch. so if you go into bleak falls barrow. right before the giant spider there is a skeleton with a chest. The chest should be covered in webs but its not if I install the particle patch. I need to test the blackreach mushrooms but I guess they are not compatible either.

the best what the particle patch is doing is to make water foams compatible. I will test further !
Last edited by Dragens on 25 Aug 2018, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

I checked Blackreach and it seems normal besides the dust effect from the ragged flagon that is also under the big mushrooms there. it is also reacting to the fire settings.

edit: Things changed a bit. Since I used RLO and ELFX it seems that if those mods are not as low as possible in the load order they change the behavior of that dust. When I put ELFX really far down everything was fine. I will investigate further and try without lighting mods.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, keep it coming.

Just fixed the the Thieves Guild light beam and that low fog (patch not updated yet though), looking at the mushrooms next.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SSE patch updated.

*master*

Interesting I deleted all files and started anew to see what is fact. I started vanilla the beam was reacting to fire setting. I added ELFX it still reacts to fire setting. I put particle patch on it its NO longer using fire setting (I overwrote everything from ELFX with the particle patch). strangely enough and now ... believe it or not .... I deinstalled ELFX .... left the particle patch on and it is reacting AGAIN to the fire setting. wtf is that? why is that happening??=???!??!?! that doesn't make sense.

tested further: The dust particle is only behaving right if you install elfx and particle patch together. otherwise its not working. Don't know why that is.
Last edited by Dragens on 25 Aug 2018, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No idea really but I take it that you had updated the patch already?

In that case maybe ELFX overwrites some of the files, or if you're using NMM or whatever maybe it reinstalled files from the previous version of the patch?

*master*

deinstalled everything and cleaned everything. I have no updated version of the particle patch.

it doesn't matter which one of both mods overwrites the other first. its always the same result. when they both are active it is working fine (elfx and pre updated PP). if only one is missing it reacts to fire.
Last edited by Dragens on 25 Aug 2018, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, to test properly you should use the updated version of the patch.

*master*

Oh maybe we are talking about the wrong situation. I downloaded the particle patch this morning so if you mean with updated this one, then I had the updated one. If you mean with updated the one you made just now, then I don't have the updated.

I tested again with installing it manually. it doesn't matter installing ELFX first or the Particle Patch the version I had only works when they come together. But since you will update the particle patch its not matter anymore. I just was curious how that could happen. Skyrim is strange.

Now I test with your updated version!