GTA 5 0.351

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA 5 0.351

I will not do anything, mod is finished.

So even with Visualv compatibility with the new version we can't get enb post processing to work

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

We? You can talk only about yourself. I will not develop it any more, it was mistake which i did because one brazilian fucker here made many accounts to make illusion people need a mod for this game.

I am really sorry for what happened

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How does self intersecting SSAO mode work?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just tracing like brute force mode, bit simplified. C'mon, ReShade dont need such things, stop porting there everything you see.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Excuse me for trying to learn new things. I just want to understand various shader technology for myself and ReShade is ideal as a test bed. I've donated to you, there's no reason to talk down to me like that :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You know very well that many things from ENBSeries were used in ReShade from beginning. It's like vacuum cleaner which try to collect everything possible. I do not put limitations to reuse code, but the code you asked me before about blending modes was given to you only (for you game or anything else, not for some public usage), because of that code ssao/ssil looks much better in my mod compared to any other games. Now, when it's in ReShade, i have lost one of unique feature of my mod. If you are making best pizza in your shop, will you share to others how to cook it, to let other people go there and not to your store? I have my own project and i want to make it nice, i do not touch ReShade or SweetFX and do not use any single line of code from there, so why to be offended? I already told you a hint about self intersection, it's tracing by path and if intersection occurs, then ray stops. What else i can add to this, except code? You or anybody else will add the same to ReShade obviously. Unigine Superposition have the same thing, they just were brave enough to make it in realtime, while i used for brute force only.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Where do your blend modes appear in my AO?
You obviously know your own code, but here is mine (blend modes start at #461):

https://github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT ... NT_mxao.fx

Where do I use it? I couldn't use yours because they depend on albedo, ambient light level and so on. The only similarity is maybe that I use same variable names as you do (blendfact, colorgray) because after all, I learned shader programming from your fx files.

I'm not taking offense in you not telling me how it works, I know you won't just drop your AO code there and if it's what you say, then I already have something like that working, couldn't figure out how to properly post filter it though, I just couldn't make anything from the "self intersection" term because I usually don't know the English terms for math. I got pissed because you make me look like I just port everything I find with no clue what I'm doing. This may have been true years ago but not now, the shaders I write nowadays have very little third party code involved. Jesus, I didn't want to start a fight over this, I just asked for a little bit of respect and not this condescending tone, that's all. But who am I fooling, being polite to you for years doesn't pay back the least, so why bother.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Read my signature. I tell what i think openly without any agression, it's problem of people around who prefer sweet words rather than straight-forward opinion and turn to offended for no reason. And as old user you should already understand what kind of character i am. I heard enough shit that my mod is slow, just few users know that there are features of it which ReShade do not have or even games. Why should i be interested to share even ideas how things done? Any good programmer from videos or screenshots can try to make similar things, just some hints are enough. It is not about making copy of code. You do not need blueprint for something, you need just idea how it works. And i gave you this already. And i told you that do not want it appear in ReShade, because if ReShade will have it, once again people will praise it and tell how ENBSeries slow and sucks. As long as i do things better, people choose my work. There are patents, technological espionage for companies, but i just try to have my own place. If i will not have anything unique to give to users, i will stop modding. Respect, loyality, donations or anything else doesnt matter when goal is to save something i have, we do not live in communism when everything is shared, life is tought, you are good or you lose. You do know that i would share with you if you would use only for your own purposes, but it is not true. So grab a pencil with paper and draw how ray is going in depth and where to stop it, it's not that hard to create.