TES Skyrim 0.364

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.364

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.364

Added complex fire lights. Added shadows for complex particle and fire lights. Please be careful with enabling these effects, because performance can degrade dramatically when many particles are spawned close to camera and display resolution is high.

Re: TES Skyrim 0.364

You're awesome Boris, I hope you know that!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I just had to come back and say this Boris, SUPERB!
It works great this new feature you've made :D

I took some pics comparing the options visually and their performance impact.
-> https://www.flickr.com/photos/142441312 ... ed-public/

And here is the test cell I made, does only require Skyrim.esm and Update.esm, if anyone would like to have a more personal experience with the impact this new feature adds to the game.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JfyE7 ... 4_t9xmsHI7

Use coc aaa000_testcell to transport to the cell from anywhere.

EDIT;
I did notice one issue, the distance the effect is rendered fades out a bit too early. Would it possible to have an integer option to set it on a personal basis, or is that something that would screw things up?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Distance of drawing have two factors. One is radial around sprite, which is size of sprite itself +bigrange. This used for lighting and specular. Another distance factor is for skin specular and it's applied to characters which have lights behind them and this distance is around 4 meters away. I cant increase more of any of them, because its too big hit to performance when inside usual interiors, because game was made by freaks who can't setup even glow for candles and it drawed from around 7 layers instead of one. Also skin specular comes behind walls cause of increased range, which is sucks and to cut this by shadow means lose much more performance to compute longer shadows.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok thanks for the info, but I did not mean how big the glow/light is. But the fact that the lighting from the particles pops in and out at a very low distance.
Or am I misunderstanding you know perhaps?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Exactly, that's to keep the draw count low. For SSE I looked into loweringd the particle count for the glow and I guess I could look into doing the same for Oldrim. I guess it could be also optimized a lot more if we allow a slight degradation of visual quality, not sure if it's something that most users would notice though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
If you mean when camera close to particles, they turn off, it's engine thing, i can't do anything about it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm I think I can, will look into it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're a real magician, Boris :D The latest updates are simply fantastic.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris

No I mean when a particle light is across the room on the opposite side of where you are standing, if it is a great enough distance. Between the player and the particle light, it will "turn off/fade out".
I've tried to search through the .ini files for any related setting that might allow an increase in that distance requirement, but so far I haven't found one.

But the thing you mention I figured out was an engine limitation.