TES Skyrim SE 0.368

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.368

It doesn't need to be said again but ENB visually improves Skyrim beyond any expectation I've had of it or almost any game effect. Some people just cant perceive much I think. Also Rudy HQ is excellent.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with not working subsurface scattering when some spells applied to character.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for all your wise words :)

and thank you Boris for an another update.

Merry Christmas to all of you :D

Btw, does, in the SE version, the lighting from the spells illuminate the surroundings of your character (like in LE), in the third-person view ? For me it's not working, even with the latest Particle Patch.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

So I just seen Hodilton's new comparison video for ENBSeries versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FKwhz-QRm8

I'm very curious from user's experience how the new lighting on things like candles and torches is affecting lighting mods such as Relighting Skyrim, which specifically aims to place lights at most of the light sources. Is this making lighting mods more bright or just adding to their visual appearance?

ENBSeries wrote:Guzio
Dont waste time on such people, you cant prove anything to them because its not about how much features and how things works, but that they do not see anything positive no matter what kind of changes are. In the beginning of skyrim modding and gta4 too, i had many haters who wrote me that my mod sucks and original look of the games is great, atmospheric and realistic. I quarreled, showed examples of photos of real world and their "realistic" bullshit, but nothing works, they are totally blind. There are many kinds of freaks everywhere. Usual trolls, players with very slow outdated hardware who try to protect their minds by saying they dont need good graphics, those who have blindness to colors, those who unable to have any aesthetic pleasure from any art or music, simply fanboys who believe that their great god-like developer is so perfect and by the hand of god that world should be gray and dark while touching this original thing is to be heretic. The last type is most popular as i see, but they are big hypocrites while trying to modify other aspects of the game but no graphics of it and also they are too stupid to not believe that developers are same programmers as everybody else and they lack of skills, knowledge and there are stupid managers and producers who often force them to do how they see the world. Just let them be, get appreciation from those who respect instead of trying to get it from fools.
Are those comment like that, all about my question?!
I'm a little bit confused.

And I just hope, nope.

PS:

I have no idea who Guzio or Rudy is...
I just used that preset, enb maybe someone knows about why that preset didn't get an update.

TechAngel85 wrote:So I just seen Hodilton's new comparison video for ENBSeries versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FKwhz-QRm8

I'm very curious from user's experience how the new lighting on things like candles and torches is affecting lighting mods such as Relighting Skyrim, which specifically aims to place lights at most of the light sources. Is this making lighting mods more bright or just adding to their visual appearance?
I'm making an assumption here as to how the particle lights work in that they only do so when those lights don't already emit light. So, I've been shuffling through the various lighting overhauls over the last week, trying them out with the new particle lights. I love the new lights, btw. Anyway, I can't decide what to do. ELFX splits meshes to allow for more lights which means that all the lights that would have counted as particle lights don't anymore because ELFX has changed to emit light (or at least most of them anyway). Realistic lighting overhaul removes damn near every light that didn't emit light before, so not many particle lights there either. Relighting Skyrim attempts to fix all the lights, moving them around and disabling some in the process, so there shouldn't be too many there either (though there are new problems introduced in RS for some reason). Vanilla lighting should be the most ideal for the particle lights, except there are so many things wrong with vanilla lighting and it's not just lights that aren't emitting anything (see the Oldrim RS galleries for good examples on that). There is literally a light floating in mid air with not light source over one of the tables in a corner of the main hall of Dragon's Reach in White Run. That stuff bothers me and USSEP hasn't fixed it and they certainly don't seem intent on fixing stuff like that or else that would eliminate much of the need for something like RS. ELE, NAT, and Luminosity don't touch actual light sources and all base their changes on vanilla lighting which isn't exactly helpful when attempting to calibrate ENB particle lights. Whatever lighting mod you pick, it seems like particle lights need to be adjusted specifically for it to match lights that mod introduces. (Not to mention all the conflicts lighting mods introduce with other mods.) So, like I said before, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll probably keep bouncing around from one lighting mod to the next until some of the other non-lighting mods I'm still waiting on are release and then just flip a coin to pick a lighting mod.

@Kranazolika Guzio (aka Rudy, the person that makes the Rudy ENB you are asking about) replied to your question from earlier and explained why there hasn't been an update to their Rudy ENB. There is also a stickied post at the top of the Rudy ENB comments page explaining why Rudy ENB hasn't been updated. That being said, I don't think Boris' comment on unappreciative critics was about you specifically, at least not based on your previous question.

nova_stark wrote:
TechAngel85 wrote:So I just seen Hodilton's new comparison video for ENBSeries versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FKwhz-QRm8

I'm making an assumption here as to how the particle lights work in that they only do so when those lights don't already emit light. So, I've been shuffling through the various lighting overhauls over the last week, trying them out with the new particle lights. I love the new lights, btw. Anyway, I can't decide what to do. ELFX splits meshes to allow for more lights which means that all the lights that would have counted as particle lights don't anymore because ELFX has changed to emit light (or at least most of them anyway). Realistic lighting overhaul removes damn near every light that didn't emit light before, so not many particle lights there either. Relighting Skyrim attempts to fix all the lights, moving them around and disabling some in the process, so there shouldn't be too many there either (though there are new problems introduced in RS for some reason). Vanilla lighting should be the most ideal for the particle lights, except there are so many things wrong with vanilla lighting and it's not just lights that aren't emitting anything (see the Oldrim RS galleries for good examples on that). There is literally a light floating in mid air with not light source over one of the tables in a corner of the main hall of Dragon's Reach in White Run. That stuff bothers me and USSEP hasn't fixed it and they certainly don't seem intent on fixing stuff like that or else that would eliminate much of the need for something like RS. ELE, NAT, and Luminosity don't touch actual light sources and all base their changes on vanilla lighting which isn't exactly helpful when attempting to calibrate ENB particle lights. Whatever lighting mod you pick, it seems like particle lights need to be adjusted specifically for it to match lights that mod introduces. (Not to mention all the conflicts lighting mods introduce with other mods.) So, like I said before, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll probably keep bouncing around from one lighting mod to the next until some of the other non-lighting mods I'm still waiting on are release and then just flip a coin to pick a lighting mod.
Thanks for your analysis! I was afraid that the new particle lights would break some of the lighting mods...mainly because I'm going to be keeping RS updated for JawZ. I'm also in the very early stages of creating my own lighting mod. Having to adjust a mod of such magnitude to support particle lights is simply not feasible and would takes months and months of work (having to check every interior individually and adjusting)...it would basically be the equivalent of creating an entire new lighting mod.

The saving grace that I was hoping for would be that the effect simply adds to the ambiance and didn't make the lights too bright. I was hoping this would be the case because from what I seen in the video the lights aren't realistic in the distance the light is cast (it's a very small area). In real life a single candle can cast light across an entire room and this is how RS is designed. Lights are placed at these sources are their radius is usually much larger than vanilla so to achieve a more realistic distance in the light being cast.

My other thought/question, is if this would count as an additional light source on the meshes because we all know 4/5 sources is the max per mesh before you end up with light flickering.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85

Tech I've been looking into this as well with RS. And I would say the months and months of work to make RS compatible is a bit over the top.
I would just go about removing any light source for candle light sources. Except for chandelier candle light sources. But wall, floor and table candles can be left alone and let the new particle light system handle the illumination of such light sources.
And then go ahead and remove the "Initially Disabled" tag on some of the light sources that wasn't able to be lit by a Light bulb.

But it would be best to work on a better ground than RS, in either way if you are doing a new lighting mod.
That is my own 2 cents

And this does not count into mesh limit, have a look here;
With this you can see all it's pros and cons. And doing a lighting mod that would rely heavily on particle lights would be, dumb. A RS type of mod, is the best for this implementation and use.
http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... b50#p82906

TechAngel85 wrote: Thanks for your analysis! I was afraid that the new particle lights would break some of the lighting mods...mainly because I'm going to be keeping RS updated for JawZ. I'm also in the very early stages of creating my own lighting mod. Having to adjust a mod of such magnitude to support particle lights is simply not feasible and would takes months and months of work (having to check every interior individually and adjusting)...it would basically be the equivalent of creating an entire new lighting mod.

The saving grace that I was hoping for would be that the effect simply adds to the ambiance and didn't make the lights too bright. I was hoping this would be the case because from what I seen in the video the lights aren't realistic in the distance the light is cast (it's a very small area). In real life a single candle can cast light across an entire room and this is how RS is designed. Lights are placed at these sources are their radius is usually much larger than vanilla so to achieve a more realistic distance in the light being cast.

My other thought/question, is if this would count as an additional light source on the meshes because we all know 4/5 sources is the max per mesh before you end up with light flickering.
The particle lights certainly do add to the ambiance, there's no doubt about that. And your worries about overly bright lights aren't unfounded. For instance, a single candle looks great and calibrated correctly will look perfect. However, a candelabra with 5 candles in it can be overly bright or an arrangement of 5 candles near each other can blow things out. So you have to find a right balance with itself as well as making it look as though it blends in with the specific lighting mod. There are some oddities, also, that I think are just the way its going to be (particle light projecting through objects, eg light from a candle showing up underneath the shelf it sits on). Also, the particle light is limited so it will sort of fade into existence at a certain distance.

No, the particle lights don't count towards the engine limited 4/5 lights per mesh, so no flickering. That's why I suggested vanilla lighting would be ideal since the vanilla game has so many light sources not emitting light.

And I'm going to post this in the bug report on the RS page, but I figured I'd mention it here: there are some weird lights in the Winking Skeever that I think are supposed to be light emitted from windows except it doesn't really appear when viewing from the front and only appears from the side. Kind of like fake god rays but amorphous. See here: https://imgur.com/a/jzovjeK If you like, you can just respond (if at all) on the RS bug report.

--JawZ-- wrote:TechAngel85;

Tech I've been looking into this as well with RS. And I would say the months and months of work to make RS compatible is a bit over the top.
I would just go about removing any light source for candle light sources. Except for chandelier candle light sources. But wall, floor and table candles can be left alone and let the new particle light system handle the illumination of such light sources.
And then go ahead and remove the "Initially Disabled" tag on some of the light sources that wasn't able to be lit by a Light bulb.

But it would be best to work on a better ground than RS, in either way if you are doing a new lighting mod.
That is my own 2 cents

And this does not count into mesh limit, have a look here;
With this you can see all it's pros and cons. And doing a lighting mod that would rely heavily on particle lights would be, dumb. A RS type of mod, is the best for this implementation and use.
http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... b50#p82906
Thanks! I'll check out that info. The months and months would have been if every single interior light had to be adjusted to reduce brightness and on my time schedule...with all the other mods I manage, STEP management, as well as working on my own mods.

My lighting mod is inspired by RS and the work we were doing with RSR, but is being built from the ground up. It's so early stages that I literally only have two or three interiors done for testing. ^_^ That's why I'm inquiring now, before too much work is completed.

EDIT:
From looking at those compares, it seems it would be best to just let the particle lights illuminate those source and then use lightbulbs to provide the "ambient" light produced from those sources to fill the room. Doing this could provide some interesting lighting. I will have to play with it, but I still want to provide a version for those not using ENB and particle lights, else it would leave out a lot of users.