TES Skyrim SE 0.370

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.370

Unfortunately the fix works only for vanilla hair. Which is still something but I'll need to spend more time later playing with skyhair to see if I can get you more info on what's happening.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

With ApachiiSkyhair problem is that they are transparent and when they are black under particle light, it means they are drawed after particles, so light is not applied to them. I dont know, maybe there is some kind of priority for alpha sorting exist in the game, i cant notice any dependency, cause particles doesnt look like sorted with hairs, not pushed by class type either.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed Footprints mod issue. At least when i see it on the snow surface.

Thank you very much for adding AmbientLightingDesaturation! It's very helpful.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Could someone please link me a tutorial on how to add those new lights to meshes.
Downloaded your Mods Guzio, what's the reason you took them down?
There's also the cool mod from 4109.
I'd like to add the lights to higher poly meshes I got, to get the best from both.
Thank you guys.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Be careful with high poly meshes about their texture uv. Because effect is made for quads, uv used to create circle fading from center of quad, which is (0.5, 0.5) as uv. To see if uv are not suitable, i recommend in 3d modelling software apply simple image of centered circle, everything inside it will work as light, everything else - no. Another important thing, center of each particle is computed in shader in tricky way, so with complex mesh you should expect many centers computed per triangle instead of per particle (not triangle center thought, but uv=0.5,0.5 in triangle). About meshes, i think you just need to copy properties from one to another.

*master*

This is good info but I think he wants to just use my lights which use basic particle geometry.

@Pfuscher: you did not read the novella :)

"just copy the AttachENBLight node from my mesh into the corresponding mesh and make sure bit 4 in BSX flags is set to 1"

and you need to have my .esp and my mps files installed.

For personal use only though, please do not release anything based on my mod at this time.
Last edited by 4109 on 14 Jan 2019, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks to both of you.
I read your mod site, but it seems I missed that part.
Don't worry, I won't release anything.

*master*

So now that I released my mod people are asking if Distance Fade can be reduced further for larger light radius. Is there a specific reason for the limit?
I can't make my particles any bigger, there seems to be a size beyond which there is no extra light.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no way to detect size of particles correctly, so i set their fade factor as tweakable constant with approximate size of them. Big size of particles can't work anyway, because they are clamped by camera frustum and rotation of camera relative to center of particle make them disappear. The bigger they are - the buggier.