TES Skyrim SE 0.370

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.370

Pfuscher - What are you talking about ? Never took my mods down.

Boris - Seems that I need some more info from you :)

I've added a static particle light sources to a few meshes from a game (among others to the arrows and soul gems), using a single billboard mesh, but my mesh looks like this :

It's simple but has eight triangles. All vertices placed on the perimeter have a nautral gray color and a black alpha, that on in the center has a white alpha and a color that determines the color of the emitted light. (usually I'm using a black bitmap with a black alpha in the effect shader, unless I want to get a glow effect). The UV mapping is correct.

Should I change it to the quad mesh, with only a two triangles ?

The performance is not so bad, but with a thirty of pulsing Soul Gems (with a glow effect) on the screen, the performance drop is noticeable:

Was thinking that it's just one static source, but maybe, if I have an eight triangles, then there are eight of the sources for each mesh ? It's not clear to me.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Its pointless to use many faces instead of quad, because very early everything outside of circle is cut off and performance of that cut is high enough to not bother about such optimization and can be noticable on low end videocards. Of course you can keep such optimization to have as much as possible, but its really little just about 1-5% of speed maybe. But in that case, you should change mesh shape, because visible area of the circle is on the picture below. So, you should use 12 triangles or more. Another thing, center to side gradient of alpha not needed, unless you want to force it, cause internally light already fade out from center to side. You can use it for some weird effects, like making rays or try to reduce fading by inverse alpha fade, but that's different story. Performance for multiple triangles will not be worse (unless you will use hundreds of thousands of triangles), because it depends from summ of areas on the screen for each particles. If you have 1000 small particles which cover only 1/1000 part of the screen each (for example they are overlayed on each other), then it's equal to just 1 particle which cover whole screen.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Guzio: Oh shit, they are LE mods...and I put them in my SE. :D :D :D without nif optimizing the meshes for Se.
Edit: Seems like they already were fine or I already did, as the program didn't change the kb size. Never mod drunken.

Guzio get your SE running again :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris - Thanks, now it's more clear to me. That mesh, I'm using in soul gems, is rather huge, works also as a glow effects. I need to do some more tests, with a different meshes and a different sizes :)

Pfuscher - "Never mod drunken" I should make a plate with this inscription and put it under the monitor :D
I will publish the SE version soon, seems that I need to test a few things. If you want to add this to your mesh (works only for a static objects) just copy a NiBillboardNode called EnbParticleLight (copy all the branch).

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*master*

Guzio, for what Intensity settings are you balancing your mod's light emission? Mine are for pretty low intensity but I don't remember if that was just what came with my preset and I never changed it or did actually change it at some point.

My concern is if our mods (and I suppose more mods which use these effects will eventually show up) are balanced for different Intensity settings, when using them together one will be too bright or the other will be too dim.

Maybe some common baseline setting would be a good thing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

4109 - I'm using intensity value between 0.3 and 0.5 (in the LE version). The default 1.0 is way to high for me. We can't change all the particle emitters in the game and some of them already have attached a light source. So, those effects are prepared for rather low values.

*master*

My values are about the same so we should be OK.

*master*

Possibilities are endless...

Boris, any chance you'd look into fixing this incompatibility with Racemenu? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=posts
Sculpting, along with import/export head has been completed for SE but is not currently functional in conjunction with ENB. Looks like there is interference by ENB with calls to DirectX's VSSetShader and PSSetShader, could be that ENB is receiving shaders it's not expecting to and accesses invalid memory locations. I can't promise this will ever be fixed by me since the problem appears to be caused by ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont have crash with that mod installed.