TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim SE 0.381

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim SE (SSE)

Added tessellation displacement for some water types and water temporal antialiasing.

*master*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Hi Boris, i´ve tested your latest update with Realistic Water 2 (Watercolor option enabled) and i´ve found some issues, i´ve also taken pictures of the problem and also recorded a video.
*Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1SxdTWg20I&t=14s

https://imgur.com/0MtbErj
https://imgur.com/5UBjtpo
https://imgur.com/vaqlURy (you can see the player silhouette, the water has been cutted at the bottom of the screen and those weird 2 colored lines in the shadows of the environmentand of course, the colours of the part of the player sinked in the water got bugged).

*Mods:
-Realistic Water Two
-Rudy ENB SE (NAT preset)
-Natural and Atmospheric Tamriel (NAT)

*Edit: The Tesellation issue is much more noticeable with the ENB water textures from Oldrim Realistic Water Two added to the SSE Realistic Water Two.
In the video i´ve removed the Oldrim ENB water textures, but if you want to test with those textures, just do the following:

- calm_choppy.dds >>>>> renamed to riverflow.dds
- calm_choppy_2.dds >>>>>> renamed to oceanflow.dds
- calm_choppy_generic.dds >>>>>> renamed to defaultwater_pond.dds
- choppy_generic.dds >>>>>> renamed to defaultwater_creek.dds

If you need more information, just let me know and i´ll test it some more and maybe i´ll record another video.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I still have this bug I mentioned earlier:
Image Image Image
I thought it was gone after switching from Pure Waters to Realistic Water 2, but now I noticed it again.
This time I removed all water mods (water is vanilla), but the bug is still there. Tried restarting game, restarting computer, everything.
Even with vanilla waters this green effect appears when activating ENB. (even with all effects off)
Strange thing is that this bug is located only in this particular place. (I marked it on the map)

EDIT: I found out what parameter causes it > "Amount" parameter under REFLECTION (but only in this place as far as I know) I tried with older ENB versions - it is still there in v0.345 but not in v0.343 (Since 0.345 is the first version with reflection, it is now 100% sure that this is a reflection bug.)
Last edited by Anubis on 21 May 2019, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Boris, Is it possible to fix this water line by some ENB resource ?

https://i.imgur.com/VzW4BD5h.png

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

phoenixfabricio
If you are using Realistic Water 2, then the line is there. Using Pure Waters it is not there. (mod problem)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mirx
C'mon, i told already to reduce dispersion amount, big amplituted of water cause it bigger too (in other words, water mod is badly designed compared to vanilla and boost waves too much). And those bugs with near to camera clip of water and sometime huge scale water are both were fixed for vanilla game, no idea why they appear with some mod, need to research. In general it's a game bug about second big water spawning sometime (sometime 2 extras), so annoying.

Anubis
Good, i thought it's caused by water changes. Will search bit later what is it.

phoenixfabricio
Picture is dead for me. But if you mean line near the camera without water, i don't know why it appear with some mods, need to investigate. In general cause it's tessellation, source mesh is the limiting factor of how far you can displace, i tried to solve such problem with different tricks and only way more or less okay way to draw flat water, then displaced on top of it and push displace up instead of down like with parallax and displacement (based on parallax occlusion mapping).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
Still can't see bug there in day or night. Also i don't see any reason for it to happen based from reflection amount 0 or 4. I think you have some mod installed, reflection is what it says. You can post enbseries.ini, maybe there is some other dependency.

Mirx
Guess i better clamp dispersion length to avoid things like that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
Still can't see bug there in day or night. Also i don't see any reason for it to happen based from reflection amount 0 or 4. I think you have some mod installed, reflection is what it says. You can post enbseries.ini, maybe there is some other dependency.
Only other mods, that could touch this particular place, are Majestic Mountains (latest version) and Enhanced Wetness and Puddles (mod from Oldrim), but I don't think that's it, because on console, if I click on this water effect and use "disable" command, then the water disappears along with the effect. And since this is the vanilla water, there can not be anything else, any mod. Weird thing is that it should disappear when using modded water, but somehow it wont. (maybe water mods don't replace this water stream ?)

My ini file:

EDIT: file delete

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
I don't have bug with your enbseries.ini. Doubt it's cause of enblocal.ini. So remove mods and figure out which one do it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris - two question:

- Did it help if we make that water mesh, you mentioned earlier, a little more HD? Maybe it's generated "on the fly" by a game engine? I've checked all the water meshes, and only one, "defaultwaterripples.nif" is a really low quality, have only two polygons.
- Did we really need an alpha channel in the water texture? If so, it should have a wide range, something like 0-255, or rather limited ?

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram