TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

This is without RWT https://i.imgur.com/u5efMaB.jpg
This is with RWT https://i.imgur.com/jwHIaEY.jpg
Obviously that's lod setup problem of RealisticWaterTwo.

Hmm, i can try to reduce amount of self reflection by distance, partially may help

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

phoenixfabricio
Did you try disable mod and see water in there? For me it's not big difference to mod enabled on such distance.

*master*

Didnt disable to see and I'm not in my gaming PC at the moment. I know it was an old problem with RWT which maybe the author could not be able to fix, so I was wondering if there could be some workaround by ENB side.......

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

phoenixfabricio wrote:Didnt disable to see and I'm not in my gaming PC at the moment. I know it was an old problem with RWT which maybe the author could not be able to fix, so I was wondering if there could be some workaround by ENB side.......
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... icles/1088 Theres a guide on how to fix what I assume your having issues with.

*master*

xirangeix wrote:
phoenixfabricio wrote:Didnt disable to see and I'm not in my gaming PC at the moment. I know it was an old problem with RWT which maybe the author could not be able to fix, so I was wondering if there could be some workaround by ENB side.......
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... icles/1088 Theres a guide on how to fix what I assume your having issues with.
Thanks! I will Check it! ;)

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've found the issue of RealisticWaterTwo, mentioned by me earlier, very annoying. But luckily now after hours understood what is wrong, it's just flow map water is placed little below by vertical axis, there are no bugs with stencil as i expected, they simply not set and usual z depth ordering errors occur cause displacement move that above calm water surface. I don't know yet how to fix it, cause i'm using fake z buffering method for tessellation only and it suffer from exactly the same problems and disabling it simply produce visible through waters in some places (like Whiterun or other top-bottom different waters).

Great work Boris. I have spent time with your ENB in an attempt to have PRT, VividWeathersSE (with the VividWaterFix), ELFX, RWT and Enhanced Blood all playing nicely together.

With the latest version 0.381 I have spotted a few issues and I am hoping that yourself or someone here can enlighten me as to why they are occurring. I am fairly new to the Skyrim SE ENB bandwagon but extremely pleased with the progress being made! Thank you :D

First issue: CausticsAmount seems to only affect the water seams for me. Reducing this to 0 eliminates the problem. Is this a bug? Or should I be using a particular kind of water texture/mod? Also I noticed that setting EnableCaustics=false does not affect it. I have to change CausticsAmount instead.

https://imgur.com/a/Bizaw6N

Second issue: Direct Lighting seems to have tremendous influence on the color of rapids and water splashes, which do not blend in with the general color of the water. This is mostly depending on the time of day. Is there a recommended solution to this whilst attempting to preserve the DirectLightingColorFilter? The Whiterun waterfalls are a good example of this, but I have also noticed that some water splashes are too dark in Blackreach.

https://imgur.com/a/QoGDzNz

Third issue: I believe this has been reported on a number of occasions, but I infrequently notice an issue with alpha blending with regards to the blood pools from Enhanced Blood. It's not too much of an eyesore, but it does look out of place when it occurs. I have tried to add the Alpha Test flag to the relevant textures sets using SSEEdit but this does not lead to an improvement. ENB 0.347 is the last version that did not exhibit this problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Also, keep up the fantastic work :ugeek:

For all those who have issues with lod or glitchy water textures in RWT2: simply put it almost last in the load order, then forward all neccessary edits whit RWT2 overrides from other mods into a custom patch.
No need for any other "lod fixer" mods.
Just make sure water flow is always the same as in RWT2.

I had issues in morthal area and near solitude (under the arch), and tried all of those "RWT2 lod fix" and "water lod fix" mods, but they haven't fixed those issues.

Read this post carefully: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... p=65212121

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

devilhood
In short, all those are not bugs. EnableCaustics works only when press save and apply changes (and any mod boolean parameters must be saved and applied really). Caustics is designed to work that way, it disappear with deepness.
Direct lighting for some particles is made in older version when waterfall is fixed (before it was not tweakable) and there are other objects also influenced on change, you need to use Particle Patch and if it not helps, ask Mindflux to fix those objects.
Enhanced Blood, Footprints or any other mods like that are no more patched from my side, cause it's impossible, if i patch something, other thing is broke. It's author task to make alpha test or assign shaders to those few i patched. It's all about bad game engine design and not my task to fix.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have a question:
Is it possible be to change the parameters "EnableBigRange" under [COMPLEXPARTICLELIGHTS] and under [COMPLEXFIRELIGHTS] so that light wouldn't glow through furniture and other things ? (detect collision or something)