Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

I have an ATI and doesn't have any of your problem omnizantetsuken with this ENB preset. ;)
Using Catalyst driver 12-4.

Ok, so the dark effect problem is maybe also relative to my configuration, because I just tested your beta 3 and unfortunately it doesn't fix any dark effect problem.
I juste have now in addition the blue fog problem same as you. And another problem : the world map is way to bright when you open it on day time.

I'm returning back to the beta 2 for now, as I prefer to have the dark effect bug neither than the blue fog on distance bug. ^^

But good luck for tuning your beta 3, I will still test it if you made modification. :)

@kajisensei
Oh... really? Hmm maybe I should update mine too haha xD
I let you know if my it helps^^

@kali
sorry if I was harsh :(
Last edited by omnizantetsuken on 17 Jun 2012, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Meh tried new driver but the interiors are still dark... um kajisensei did you modifiy your catalyst?

FINALLY! I just enabled fakevideocard to true and.. now it works totally fine xD

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kajisensei: Sorry to hear that my beta 3 is worse than beta 2 on your computer :( I will make some more screenshots soon of Beta 3 and show some waterfall and stuff.. Are you sure you don't have any mods that changes those particles? Was is unreal warefare or confident man who has a bright water fix in his enb? You sure you don't have that installed?

omnizantetsuken: Happy your wierd lighting is fixed now :) I didn't know what that fake video card setting did. Actually, there's a lot of those settings in that area, that I don't know what do. I should proberbly experiment a bit with that.. Is your waterfalls dark too? And are your distant mountains too bright? If you are using my latest upload..

I really wish I had more time to make to fix all these little things for my ENB. I won't stop this untill it is absolutely perfect!

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

I don't have any other external "graphic alteration" than ENB with your preset. No lighting fix, no injection, no custom driver config. ^^
But yes, I have a loooot of HD texture replacement (W.A.T.E.R ...etc.).

But I just think of one thing : in your beta 3 you don't have the file effect.txt anymore ? Because I forgot to delete it from beta 2 when testing beta 3 ... Maybe it's the cause, I will test it with a fresh ENB install this evening. :)

I will also test the default enb configuration, and if I still having particle problem it will be definitely my configuration's fault. ^^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will upload a beta 4 soon. I think I have gotten rid of the bright mountains, and dark waters.. I have to test it out some more.. Looks like the bright mountains is an adaptation problem. Well, I'm not sure of anything anymore :D

Now I just need to get the lighting and colors back to how they were in Beta 2 (which is the one I like best, despite the dark water)

My Skyrim ENB

Ok here I'm making some tests :
- Water/smoke work fine with vanilla ENB 0.113. So it's definitely a problem in the preset. ^^'
- I guessed by looking at your enbeffect.fx that you are basing this file on the Cinematic Lighting ENB, which is not up to date (made with enb 0.102). Maybe it's not a good idea to start from this file (this is just a suggestion ^^).
- I encounter the same problem than omnizantetsuken after all (with both beta 2 & 3). And it appears on specific interior (eg : Ustengrav or the main Inn in Riften). I found one line in enbeffect.fx responsible for it : #define HD6_COLOR_TWEAKS (when I comment it, it's a little better but not perfect). Seems that ATI users have

I know it's short for helping you, but it's a start. ;)

Now a have a request !
What I learned these days is that "the best enb preset is always the one you made yourself, specific for your own configuration". So I want to ask for your permission to make my own ENB preset based on your beta 2. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kajisensei: It could have something to do with that effect.fx I'm using as you said.. I will try using another :)
Yes, you always make the best preset yourself, that is right, cause then you can get it exactly like you want right :) Sure you can use my preset as a base, no problem. Maybe if you would say that it's based of of mine if you post it somewhere right :) That would be nice

I've fixed alot of thing now. And it's looking really cool.. The waterfalls are nice and bright now (in daytime), the nights has a bit more bluish color to it (clearly seen in snowy areas). And that white/blue mountains is much better now, seems only to happen in one specific weather setting that the whiterun area has.. Please test this one out, and tell me of problems.. Next on my to-do-list is to go to the riften in at look at that problem you all seem to have (have you tried the fake video card setting?) And then I will try another effect.fx

Beta Version 4:
http://www.2shared.com/file/lt_S60Co/Ka ... s_ENB.html

And thank you all for giving me feedback, it's very nice.. It helps me make a better ENB config. I really apriciate it!

Is there a way to unlock all places? So I don't have to run all the way to riften as lvl 2 :)

My Skyrim ENB