GTA 5 0.387

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

GTA 5 0.387

Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5)

Graphic mod ENBSeries 0.387

Added rain reflections effect.

Re: GTA 5 0.387

Thanks for releasing this. It looks great.

For anyone having issues getting the reflections to work: Download this .OIV file

The "deferred_lightingms.fxc" shader file in the install package for VisualV (commonly used graphics mod) conflicts with ENB and prevents the puddle reflections from being displayed.

I made an .OIV installer that replaces that file with the original one.

Question for Boris:
Will you be able to reduce the weird twitching effect that occurs when moving the camera around while looking at the puddles?
I'm sure you know what I'm referring to but I can make a video if necessary.

PS: Happy Birthday!

Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I noticed too late camera delay when enabled msaa, seems it do not exist without msaa, cause didnt see it before, but need to check. It's very weird and i have no idea yet why it happen. Also seems reflection need to have fog applied and blend smoothly to game vanilla reflection, so will do later perhaps.
And thanks.

EDIT: fixed delay in reflections, will do update later.

Thanks for your update,the new feature is amazing! :D
BTW,i have a request,if you could add palette bitmap support same as what you've done for SSE and FO4.
Razed wrote:
For anyone having issues getting the reflections to work: Download this .OIV file

The "deferred_lightingms.fxc" shader file in the install package for VisualV (commonly used graphics mod) conflicts with ENB and prevents the puddle reflections from being displayed.

I made an .OIV installer that replaces that file with the original one.
Thank you,Razed,it help me a lot. :)

Remix

Hello Boris, are you able to make more reflections on the car paint / vehicle body? For example, reflections of trees that are missing etc? Best regards.

*master*

Razed wrote:The "deferred_lightingms.fxc" shader file in the install package for VisualV (commonly used graphics mod) conflicts with ENB and prevents the puddle reflections from being displayed.
I've changed a draw distance of puddles in the shader, so it can conflict with ENB. I don't know how Boris search shaders, but I guess my change has changed the hash of the shader and that's why the new feature in ENB doesn't work with VisualV ;)

ENBSeries wrote:EDIT: fixed delay in reflections, will do update later.
Thanks a lot, I've noticed it too and it's a bit annoying.

Remix wrote:Hello Boris, are you able to make more reflections on the car paint / vehicle body? For example, reflections of trees that are missing etc? Best regards.
Reflections of trees are implemented in VisualV, did you check it out?

My settings for GTA V
Like it on Facebook

Remix

robi29 wrote:Reflections of trees are implemented in VisualV, did you check it out?
Yes, I just meant something similar. Perhaps it is possible to get better quality and nicer reflections of trees in vehicles than is currently done by VisualV if trees reflections implemented in VisualV are good enough / possibly good with the maximum achieved quality there may be a chance that the vehicles, apart from the trees, appear and reflect also more details than currently in the original version of GTA V without modification.

I just have the impression that the reflections in GTA IV + ENB are much nicer, nicer and more pronounced than GTA V + any editing / adding modifications.

Perhaps you can make the reflections in GTA V become a little more realistic and prettier. Regards.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will try not to forget about palette.
About reflection on vehicles, it's a problem, because reflection at rain drawed much closer to end, so this require two reflections to be processed on screen and not nice to performance (so i need optimize with other methods). And another problem, cause it's deferred, reflections on vehicles will not see lights, so in the night they will do picture much worse on cars, with blackness. I do not have idea yet how to avoid this problem, self reflection as occlusion can improve realism, but it's different and do not display trees, peds or other cars.

Hello Boris,

I don't know if you noticed the following (probably yes while testing), but when enabling/disabling the UseEffects option in ENB there's a noticeable FPS drop which does not happen if I disable all the effects manually without disabling the UseEffects option.

I've tried:
- With UseEffects option disabled: 5 FPS increase.
- With UseEffects option enabled and all the effects enabled/disabled: 5 FPS drop.

Here's a video that shows the tests:

Is this an ENB optimization issue that can be fixed anytime soon?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Im not able to see fps loss with my current videocard, but yours is laptop (i don't know how to unlimit fps in game, so it's always 63 for me). Also the things listed in effects category are not just the only processed things, mod still active, do apply custom post processing shaders, copy depths, normals, colors, shadows, etc, different kind of hidden work. Also i enblocal.ini ANTIALIASING parameters can hit performance much if you do have msaa enabled, check that. In general, laptops having issues with vram bandwidth, so if you want higher fps, reduce display resolution and disable msaa and any memory related heavy features, like ssao, depth of field, txaa and what else applied in to entire screen.