Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Sure thing, I'll take a look at those snowflakes.

In case the sky object you mentioned reacts to [FIRE] most likely it's incorrectly set to use additive alpha blending. You can try to simply change it to standard blending (set Alpha Property flags from "4109" to "4333") but since we're talking about sky it might result is visual glitches. Worth a shot, in any case. In case it seems difficult, I can investigate too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I couldn't trigger that weather condition but should be fixed now anyway.

Thanks for the great work!

I'll take another look at it, but my dirty workaround I found in the meantime was to disable the emissive. The mod author is also taking a look.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, meant the snowflakes.

Nothing wrong in disabling emissive. I’d say in case it looks correct and doesn’t cause other unexpected issues, it’s actually just the right solution.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I must ask: is it possible to copy the reflective caustics effect on The Ragged Flagon ceiling into another locations ?
Maybe even use it as a fake underwater caustics ? (add to some water textures ?)

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB - black splash textures

UPDATE: I narrowed it down to the gradwhitewater.dds file. If I remove it from the mod, everything works fine. At least now I can use the patch, it really is necessary!
----------------------
Unfortunately, whenever I activate this mod I get black splash textures in waterfalls. I see it around Riverwood in the upper and lower falls, and in the Reach (haven't really checked other areas). I've tried it with ENB, without ENB, with vanilla water and with RW2, this mod is the only one that causes this. :(

*master*

Is this also something I should give priority over the particle patch to? Should I let this overwrite particle patch, but let other mods win over it?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/22601

http://icecream.me/uploads/f0b7f18842f5 ... d8bb58.png

Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It should be fine to let that mod overwrite.

*master*

"02/08/2019 - Fixed a number of fire effects"

Would you mind telling me which files were changed, thanks.

-------

PP: campfire01burning FlamesSmall03&Firearticles alpha is 4621 (additive w. test)
EmbersHD: alpha is 4109 (additive no test)

Is this an oversight or a deliberate change (if yes - why?)

I think I've been through more or less all fire related meshes/particles in the game and I've seen both types of blending with no apparent method to it, and I'm not sure I've seen an actual difference in-game.

Also I think ENB only recognizes 4109 as fire particles but I'm not 100% sure.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no difference since alpha blending takes priority over testing whenever it's enabled, so as far the renderer is concerned 4621 is the same as 4109.

Not sure about all the changes anymore but the primary change was within firewallfx01.nif, it's the one used for many area based fire effects.