Horizontal Shadow line? Fog Rendering line? Possible help?

fixing bugs
  • Author

Horizontal Shadow line? Fog Rendering line? Possible help?

I Can't seem to figure this out.

I thought it might be something to do with my Skyrim/Skyrimprefs.ini file setup, but i ruled that out by testing.
I'm currently using Rudy ENB w. Obsidian Weather preset. and I am noticing this...I'm not sure what to call it? Is it a shadow rendering bug? Is it a Fog rendering to close to the character issue?

I will say that this seems to only be noticeable under fog/cloudy conditions.

Here is a demonstration...

https://imgur.com/a/tfnPBwL

I don't think this is any issue with any of the ENB binaries as it was happening when using 0.390.
The thing is that when i disable enb(use effect=0) it goes away. So i am thinking that there is some fix in one of the INI's in the enbseries folder maybe related to fog/mist

Someone has said that reverting all fog values via the Obsidianweather.esp to vanilla values would fix this, but then wouldn't that change the look of the whole preset.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Horizontal Shadow line? Fog Rendering line? Possible hel

Not 100% sure, but this could be two reasons:
1) Fog starts at that line and not properly configured for smoother transition. Try to change weather or delete mods which influence weather setting.
2) Shadow bug cause of bias error, when one or more samples of shadow are "under" surface. May happen if shadow parameters not so well tweaked in the skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini. Also you can try disable EnableDetailedShadow, EnableDistantShadow and see if bug disappeared. If you go in reversed direction and it disappear or distance of that edge change much, it is shadow issue. If you force weather but increase game speed much to have sun move fast while ground surface is exactly like on video (not flat) and edge change much, again it's shadow bug.
Report your findings.

*master*

There was already a topic about this, but we couldn´t find any solution to that, but at least that is just something that only happens in snow areas and due it´s very subtle, it isn´t something so serious to really worry about, but it may result a bit anoying sometimes. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6585&start=0

Thanks both of you for responding.

I guess i probably should have did a search before posting another thread about it.

One thing i want to mention is that when i stand still and switch to 3rd person and zoom the camera out and then zoom it back in I can see the line behind my character and watch as it slowly creeps up behind me, then when i click back in 1st person it's in front of me.

I'll do some tests and report back

Re: Horizontal Shadow line? Fog Rendering line? Possible help?

Have you guys fixed it? im having the same problem :cry: