Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

By the way, i can make refractive splash similar to rain (using it's own texture of course). But it's for some particular mesh properties, cause there is none which i know which do not have dublicate with particles of some kinds. No idea how this will looks like, maybe need serious changes of texture.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That sounds interesting and could be probably useful for quite a few similar effects like those used for waterfalls.

I think last time we used emissive color for detecting the effect, maybe that could work now too? I can render new textures with proper normal map information.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe, of course with certain other properties. Such mesh must have blending mode 5,6 (srcalpha, invsrcalpha) and alpha test enabled, but also should to be of some type which compute normals correctly by passing vectors from vertex shader, otherwise transforming must be done in slow way on my side and it's not good by performance, same issue as particle lights with texel rate.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mindflux - Is it possible to remove the white water fog in some interiors? Tested in Nchuand-Zel (coc NchuandZel02):

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sure. I probably haven't ever visited such an interior so those slipped through the cracks but I'll check.

Edit: Should be fixed now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any news about custom water splashes? Or should i ignore this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've been a bit busy recently so not much progress except for some prototype splashes that I tested quickly, should be doable.

Are there any examples of effects that pass the vectors and those that don't? I could look up what shaders those use.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If splashes are square (not stretched as trapezoid or parallelogram), it's not a problem to transform normal map by uv, otherwise it need tangent vector in vertices which exist for almost all objects with normal maps. If game can't have it for particles, then only from my side it's possible.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, from what I've seen the particle system can't make use of normal maps.

Was it something like this you were thinking?

[deleted]

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, then any particle with alpha test, alpha blend 5,6 type, normal map instead of color assigned and some unique property like emissive color. Not sure, lighting influence can also be helpful or not, water splashes means fully transparent without coloring and nobody gonna do splashes for milk or wine to have lights applied.