Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

This should do:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QCRKG ... st7ZVkNSgr

It's the splash when jumping into water, emissive color is set to RGB 0,1,0.

Not sure about lighting influence either but I guess it's not really needed unless someone wants to get creative.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Give me some time to check it

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sure thing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Good, captured without problems. I'll try to make test version for you quick, check after hour.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nice! No hurry, I can only check tomorrow morning.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Texture there is incorrect by normals, middle value is not 127 and mostly its flat without any bumpiness. And by some reason not able to open it , just see black pixels without alpha or having error message depending from application. Dont know pattern of uv used in mesh, not full size 0..1 range unfortunately to test easy. https://imgur.com/a/XlL3LMe here is i did normal from metaparticles and how distortion looks like from them with original uv, 2 and 4 times repeated. Absolutely not impressive without strong hdr values and need cubemap instead to apply sky and some level of reflections too. Of course this is costly, especially with antialiasing. I'll do experiments trying ideas, but to make something good looking require very well made normal map texture it seems, rendered from 3d models of simulated splashes, sucks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uh yeah sorry, I think I forgot to normalize the normal map. Try the same link again now, should be fixed.

The compression is BC7 which is native for SSE but you need Intel Texture Works plugin to work with those. I added a DXT5 compressed texture as well so you can see how it is if you don't want to install the plugin. It should work in the game as well. UV offsets are those that you mentioned, repeated 2 and 4 times.

I was kind of afraid too that the refraction alone wouldn't be enough and it won't look very natural without any kind of color information. No easy way to fake something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Opened dxt and it still have wrong middle values, bit bigger than 127, so whole picture is shifted. But with alpha test this not be visible much.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm you're right, I'll try to figure out what causes that. In any case I need to work with the assets in case this works out so that we can have a proper animation.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will try to do experiments in 3dsmax to see what is missing and if possible with ldr data to have anything good looking at all.