TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Yes, they failed, there is no data to draw them properly and i don't want accept their glitchy look when they are moved together with camera.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

OK, understood. But caustics moving together with camera was a problem just in a few interiors. (Certainly in Nchuand Zel, but I cannot remember if anywhere else)
Some interiors worked great. (Like Riftern fishery) Where did these caustics get their info ?
Can the caustics be enabled only in these interiors where they worked correctly ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe yes. I preferred to turn off for all interiors to not bother finding right ones.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is it thinkable to enable interior water effects for all interiors at first, and then turning them off for the buggy interiors one at a time ? (starting with Nchuand Zel for example)
Maybe there isn't much buggy interiors at all and only a few ones have to be disabled.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

On the contrary, most interiors are buggy, just not happen in all of places inside them. I had this issue when fixed parallax in old skyrim, some users gave me savegames which i still have and to fix problem i extracted data from objects, accumulating them to array, compare matrices and extracting other. For SE i can't do this, that trick is unstable and require a lot of objects to be drawed, if not enough error rate increase too much.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, seems like a bad situation. Is it possible to do this the other way then ? Enabling a few interiors at a time ? (and if buggy, then disable again)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What is the point to ask me? You think this can push me somehow? Unless i find some idea accidently, this never happen. After all, there is no sun interiors and even in cases when i have all data, still no sun, so no intensity of how much caustics to apply, can be overly bright or too dark. Just give up already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not pushing - this is my way to offer ideas, no disrespect. Giving up would mean that everything is pointless.
By argumenting about different aspects, there is at least a chance that some idea could pop up.

Some idea I had - can the interior water effects be tied to the nearest light source instead of the sun ? (Or maybe to some certain fixed coordinates)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Light is not guaranteed to be visible, even distance is a factor when turned off.

Not sure why the obsession for interior caustics, I don't think they offer much for visuals considering many interiors don't have water.
Personally, I would prefer Ambient Occlusion to be improved visually. Right now, in my opinion, it has one very specific problem: AO makes grass dark (density doesn't matter) and makes grass look ugly, especially in the distance where original grass brightness needs to be maintained so that grass is blending with distant terrain LOD.
In Oldrim ENB it doesn't do that if I remember correctly.
From what I remember, ENB for Oldrim has better looks and looks nicer on grass. Is it possible to bring that AO to SSE ENB?