TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.409

The water caustic really can add atmosphere to the scene like pools of water in a cave which the caustic shimmers on the cave wall.
In the Ustengrav dungeon final room where four Nordic dragon carvings rise out of pools of water. The ELFX oldrim mod added some fake water caustic effect on the walls, but that added really nice atmosphere as you walk towards the pedestal. What if ENB could reflect the recently added water bottom caustic upward to reflect it on the wall and ceiling.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Hor ... Windcaller
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

What I'd like to see at this point is a fix for the horribly low resolution shadows cast on characters.

Shadows cast by characters on objects look fine, and shadows cast by objects on other objects/terrain look fine. But even with the highest quality shadows and detailed shadows, I'm still getting stuff like this on characters:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For dog sake stop talking about causics! None of you ever see interiors caustics if there is no SUN beam from outside. How many times i must tell reflective caustics is never be done, interior caustic lack data to be done? It's almost decade since game was released and everyone were fine without caustics, players fap on characters and want wet bodies thousand times more than caustics somewhere.

Spongeman131
I can't do anything to game own shadows, there is basically no other way but increase their resolution by setting. As about detailed shadows, they are raytraced, so too high precision makes very sharp edges to be visible, but body lack polygons, so shadows make triangles visible. To fix that i pushed vector to eye direction and added some transparency factors based on distance between crossed point and ray. There are some articles how this issue is solved in software renderers, but that's not suitable for data available to me, so all i can do is keep trying various tweaks distance based. People who watch the mod long time ago do know the issue of visible triangles when i made detailed shadows and it took weeks till i fixed it, but reports kept coming from time to time for different places, legs especially had this issue as thighs have low polys count. Also nose is such an ugly thing by shape, that with detailed shadows dark holes showed up in places where polys are concave.

ENBSeries wrote:I did in in old skyrim long time ago for experiment purposes and was not happy about low detail level, it only works for big objects, but ao is much more important for characters. I don't know, maybe there are already types of voxel ao which have lods to fix detail and memory usage issue, i didn't dig in to this.
I don't know if this makes sense, but can two methods of AO work at the same time? Voxel based AO for landscape/objects and something different very short range that's strictly for characters.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, these effects not separatable per object type. So usual ssao will bring back issues to grass.

ENBSeries wrote:For dog sake stop talking about causics! None of you ever see interiors caustics if there is no SUN beam from outside. How many times i must tell reflective caustics is never be done, interior caustic lack data to be done? It's almost decade since game was released and everyone were fine without caustics, players fap on characters and want wet bodies thousand times more than caustics somewhere.
Oh god I LOL'd hard on that one :lol:

So, about detailed shadows, they look much darker and sharper on the edges (especially on grass) on SE than Oldrim. Why is that?

ENBSeries wrote:No, these effects not separatable per object type. So usual ssao will bring back issues to grass.
Ah, it was worth asking. Anyway, anything to minimize grass issue would be helpful, something like distance dependent factors maybe.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:players fap on characters and want wet bodies thousand times more than caustics somewhere.
That explains a lot actually :-) That's why you don't want to spend time to do water effects. Of course the needs of the many... outweight the needs of the few. I had no idea that there are so many teen perverts playing this game :-) :-) :-)

My idea of the character (Explaining why I care more of the water and other non-living details, rather than character's skin)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis wrote:I had no idea that there are so many teen perverts playing this game :-) :-) :-)
I guess you’ve never been to Nexus then... and that’s mild.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course I have been in the Nexus - how else I can find mods...
But I mostly use the search function, so I do not encounter much of the content I don't search for specifically.
Now that you mention it, I guess you are right - if I open the Nexus and just browse it, there are indeed many mods that are kind of perv. :-)
I just hadn't thought about it much. Kids these days... :lol: