TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Version updated, download again
Added EnableDistantShadowAtNight parameter to the [SHADOW] category.

ENBSeries wrote:Here is visualization of that surface on the water when it's rain. Because it use gratscale texture to read another one, quality is very poor, generating normal map from it will give ugly look. Even if to hope that in movement it's okay and hard to notice, screenshots will be disgusting with this effect. Another problem, i thought it is just sprites based, but it is drawed water with such tiled texture several times, so making complex shader will decrease performance (not sure, 3 layers it seems), but worse is that each layer by refraction will remove result of previous rendered, because refraction do not include these layers themselves. So it means need to make copies of background each time object is rendered. On that screenshot close to water surface, summary 12 objects rendered, if camera will look at horizon, will be much more, so it's not a right way to fix issue. Not applying refraction is the only way.
Ah I see. Guess we'll have to make do with the original ones then.

Once again, thanks for the updates! Though I don't think I ever had issues with distant shadows at night.

Boris, just out of curiosity, why did you stop supplying the injector in the downloads?
Also, could something be made so we can change presets on the fly (in game itself)? It isn't necessary, but would be something nice to have.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have no idea how to make injection with x64 and do not see complains to search such code.
Presets can be changed by replacing files. To make many of them toggling on the fly introduce big delays to recompile and some setting incompatible without restarting game. There are some other issues. Replacing files is way better.

"players fap on characters and want wet bodies thousand times more than caustics somewhere"

Boris, you made my day <3

Also, the rain tweaks introduced in .408 are outstanding!
Thanks a lot!
Here are few shots (among other shots) of ENB rain with Picturesque Weathers and Silent Horizon V7:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wyKZVHADWia65qYj8

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, i have a question about new feature. One guy requested it for gta5 and i did test shaders, but seems modders are not so active there to do it, so maybe it can be useful for skyrim? I can't understand where to use it, that's the problem #1. So, it's interior in windows shader, which give low quality volumetric look of what is behind glass (via parallax shift), here is very detailed description how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KN6Q4yVwGo and there are some other ways to implement it, but they need certain data to work which may not be available, can't say for sure now about Skyrim. To make this come true, we need to pick some shader(s) and mark some of material setting so mod would detect such object and apply different shader. The bad thing, need to modify meshes to change shaders for windows to certain one with extra textures for it (cause just one original is not enough, also in the night texture must differ to simulate interior lights). Maybe this can be done just by applying quads close enough to windows to cover them, but need to be very careful with z-fighting problem, probably better set such objects as transparent to draw after regular windows. I dont know if this feature can be any useful, cause too much effort to make this, while very tiny result, game almost dont have windows in the buildings, even oblivion had this issue as i remember.

Others will probably have my head for saying this, but I don't think it's worth the effort. Like you said, might be too much effort for tiny result and requires third party stuff (meshes, textures, etc).
Personally, I think effects that have bigger results and works out of box (doesn't require editing game files) are worth more. Mist, better rain wetness, maybe even snow cover simulation for non-snow areas if that's even be possible. Stuff like this are worth more in my opinion.

Arindel wrote:Others will probably have my head for saying this, but I don't think it's worth the effort. Like you said, might be too much effort for tiny result and requires third party stuff (meshes, textures, etc).
Personally, I think effects that have bigger results and works out of box (doesn't require editing game files) are worth more. Mist, better rain wetness, maybe even snow cover simulation for non-snow areas if that's even be possible. Stuff like this are worth more in my opinion.
I agree with this assessment, probably better to focus your efforts on other more critical features, Boris.

Folks, what EnableDistantShadowAtNight do?
Were Distant Shadows previously disabled at nights, or were enabled if EnableDistantShadow was true?

Were they bugged at night so Boris added the ability to disable them?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

darksynth0
That's requested feature, previously was enabled in the nights. When lights are visible, distant shadows are applied to them wrongly, which is visible the most in the night, such thing is difficult to fix at performance cost, so the simplest way was to disable in the nights.