Fallout 4 0.399

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.399

Thanks for report, but i need save game and screenshot of game video setting (or files of game setting). Also i think screenshot of location on the map and usual screenshot are good too (weather id if possible), if save will not load for me.

I don't have a savegame of when I got the bug anymore. I have returned to the location (which is just in front of the Museum of Witchcraft, on the north-eastern coast) and I have set a night hour in the console in order to reproduce the bug, but it didn't happen. I have also tried to set different weathers, from both the vanilla game and NAC, unsuccessfully.

That was the second time I noticed that bug, the first time I was in a different location, which I don't remember though. But I remember that in both cases there seemed to be a flashing mist above the water surface, and the foam of the waves was flashing too.

I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can give you all the info you need. Thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know how to read weather id of the game, but if it's possible, give it to me also when that bug will happen.

Here is a video of the bug:

https://youtu.be/F-MWi6A1-fM

The weather in this case is from NAC (the NAC interface allows to know the current weather's name, but only for NAC weathers I think), and I'm inclined to think that it is just a matter of compatibility with that specific NAC weather, or maybe a few others (I didn't test them all).

If this is the case, I can try to see in FO4 Edit if there is some setting for that weather which causes the incompatibility with the water effect. Or, at worst, disable that particular weather in NAC altogether.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know the game, but thanks to internet found that place. But i have no idea about type of weather which have this bug, it may not appear for me at all even if i brute force check all of them. You need to find out which weather it that.

I have found out which weather is, it's the one I was talking about before, and it will never appear to you if you don't use the weather mod NAC. I don't think the bug occurs for vanilla weathers. That's why I'll try to fix the thing on my side if I can (by changing the weather values), or disable that particular weather if I can't.

Thank you anyway. :)

*master*

@KiranDovahkiin

Whats the map location where the bug occurs ? I'm trying to reproduce the issue here, using NAC, during foggy nights in some water regions and don't see anything wrong! (Tested with all foggy weathers selected in NAC Holotype).

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KiranDovahkiin
I already installed NAC, but still didnt get required information from you. I will not check each weather from there manually said why.

Wow, I didn't think you bothered to install the mod just for one buggy weather. Thank you Boris, you're awesome. :)

So, that's what you've got to do to get the bug (this also replies to phoenixfabricio):

- go to the Museum of Witchcraft and stand by the sea
- set a night hour in the console
- open your pip-boy, find the NAC holotape under Inventory > Misc and click on it
- then go to Weathers > Select Weathers > Clear
- one of the clear weathers is "Sunny with more clouds", choose it

Now you should see the bug (I hope so...)

@phoenixfabricio: I also tested the foggy weathers first, but it turned out to be a clear weather (with fog at night...)

After more tests I've found that the bug also happens when choosing "sunny with clouds" and "sunny with clouds variation".