TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.409

Is it possible to fix shadow striping?

https://imgur.com/jxEAGrH

Dragens wrote:Is it possible to fix shadow striping?

https://imgur.com/jxEAGrH
That's a bug with Shadow Bias (Scale?) on the light source. It's an engine problem.
Your screenshot isn't the traditional shadow striping bug which has already been fixed, and it's also not a bug with ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dragens
I dont need to try out things to know if they are buggy or not, this understanding comes with experience. But actually in old skyrim i spent weeks experimenting with tweaks how to fix problems, i will not find anything else, because fixing triangulation means reducing detail level, there is no other option. Only big enough distance to object can have very nice detail level, close shots cant unless you make bodies *64 times to have more polygons.
Resolution of shadows do not influence detailed shadows.
I did fix "striping", do you have all options enabled in [SHADOW] category? Or is that happen only for certain light?

*master*

Is the detail shadows in LE working differently so that the quality can be higher than on se? Its a shame damn. That makes character shots definitely inferior to oldrim. Thanks for the explaination !!

the striping comes with some not all shadowed lights. But its commonly seen.

Like this one.

https://imgur.com/ISgTROp

I also think this is an engine problem I just remembered that oldrim hat that problem.

@Spongeman131 I might try another shadow bias mine is at 0.15 should I lower it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I cant port the code from old skyrim to new one, code heavily depends on various tweaked constants and they are different between games. Same way i changed ssao and many other tiny things people usually dont see. I already heard request and accepted it, no need extra push me.

Dragens wrote:@Spongeman131 I might try another shadow bias mine is at 0.15 should I lower it?
It's not an .ini value, it's an actual setting with the light-object in the Creation Kit. I think the Unofficial Patch fixes most of the vanilla lights, but lights added by mods are still subject to the problem if the authors don't tweak them.

*master*

Thank you boris for the insight. I understand !!!

@sprongeman131 oh I see thats a shame :( Its mostly modded or creation club lights thats true.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you're an advanced user you could create a script to replace the shadow bias for all objects.

Hey Boris, did you change the way Location Weather works? I cannot get ENB to recognize any interior. I've tried several different ways including Rudy's Dungeons and Dwarven Ruins file that comes with Rudy ENB. ENB will recognize weather, but I can't get it to recognize location at all.

For example, I've been trying to get this to work for the Anga dungeon in the mod Beyond Skyrim: Bruma

in the _locationweather file I have tried this...

[090a764b] - (the BSHeartland worldspace)
09000F08=AA123 - (09000F08 is the location record for the Anga cell, and AA123 is a fake weather record that I am trying to make _weatherlist.ini notice)

I realize that I'm kinda asking for a tutorial and I'm sorry about that, but there's not much documentation on the subject. Not many people use it.

Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, i didnt change anything, just copied code from old skyrim version. Did you check statistics about location id in mod editor? Is it show correct value? Do you have location weather enabled in enbseries.ini?