TES Skyrim SE 0.415

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.415

In case it's something else, no it's not. Simply restore the game's preferences back to stock, set the game to ultra preset and while you're at it, remove the old shader bundle (not needed anymore).

If you have difficulty seeing the effect, increase the gradient intensity under [SKY] until it appears.

It's probably easier if you think about it in real-world terms: if it's raining and the sky is overcast with very dark clouds, i.e. there is not much light, the reflections will be subtle whereas if the sun is visible the reflections will be very prominent. But with the parameters you use in your enbseries.ini, the reflections should be pretty visible already but of course somewhat depending on the view angle.

EDIT: Latest game version from Steam, no SKSE (doubt it matters), no shader bundle.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I currently have shader bundle uninstalled. Tried with game preferences, no change.

No weather mods. You used the same preset as I did and you get the wetness, I'm not getting it.

Must be something else.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try increasing the gradient intensity and rotate the view like in this video, seeing anything?

https://streamable.com/8g8hx

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The last shot in the dark from me - cubemap not working by some reason. Antialising enabled for it or it's disabled. If reflections on water (not game ssr, but like in old skyrim) are not visible, then must be it. Because mindlux screenshot is with cubemap obviously, nothing else is on the screen.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Or maybe a mod that replaces the cubemap with crap.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux this video shows what I've been talking about - road disappearing under noise.

What gradient intensity do you mean ?

ENBSeries I can see reflection on water.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hell no... Thats cubemap applied when reflection go outside of the screen, not noise, not road disappear. And to make it look okay, need big enough fresnel, but low enough min fresnel (0.05). But with such low range colors you can't see that, so forget it or use preset which have much higher dynamic range or at least boost exposure and apply tonemapping well. After all, you can always make copy of the game folder, then delete Data folder and in Steam revalidate data to make clean game and see it is exactly the same for you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have said it many times - using different presets and changing values does not make it look ok for my game. For some unknown reason.

Only thing I havn't done yet is reinstalling the whole game. But then savegames won't work anymore and hundreds of hours of gameplay will be wasted.

There must be a simpler solution, just havn't found it yet.

I know that changing specular is not the right way to deal with this, but is it a big work to add an option to change specular under the
[RAINWETSURFACES] ? (For every time of the day like reflection.) It may be wrong, but sure looks alright.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't think there's anything into it, except for the low lighting intensities.

Maybe try somewhere where reflection is particularly prominent, like for example in Riverwood during night and look at the walkways while playing with the parameters (for example, increase "FresnelMin" and reduce "FresnelCurve" parameters).

Disabled:

Enabled (extreme values):

Disabled:

Enabled:

Note that these are not with your enbseries.ini.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
I said how to "install" game quickly, can be done even simpler if you keep some big files in data folder. And who care of saves if your goal to see if it's some mods or not? If this is mods problem you can easily find out which if copy some and check in the game if issue came back. But i doubt it, test versions clearly showed everything is absolutely fine, except damn darkness of your preset and game.