Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Jeez, you must use a huge particle light intensity. I will take a closer look at that as well as other cheers, didn't right away notice the same issue in them but didn't check in-game.

Sure you can you use assets if you find them useful, that's why I keep on doing this.

By the way - where is the location in your newest screenshot? Would love to check in-game to see whether I can improve things.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Alright, adjusted the meshes.

Hard to say about the effect texture. Sometimes it's not very obvious because the textures are very low res and effect shaders might mangle them beyond recognition. In cases like these your best bet is to look up the object in CK and inspect the things attached to it, especially the Papyrus scripts.

LoD

Merchant's Cart and Abandoned Prison Tower (these are the names given by Arthmoor in his mod).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/20931

I increased the global brightness to better visualize the issue. This is how it looks with Rudy ENB SE and default settings:

https://imgur.com/a/B6VekyW

LoD

mindflux wrote:Alright, adjusted the meshes.

Hard to say about the effect texture. Sometimes it's not very obvious because the textures are very low res and effect shaders might mangle them beyond recognition. In cases like these your best bet is to look up the object in CK and inspect the things attached to it, especially the Papyrus scripts.
I'll check them out.

I tried looking up the attached effects in SSEEdit, but no luck so far. Stepping on the craters was the only jump-scare moment for me in Skyrim and I'd really like to lower the volume of the sound effect and somewhat improve the texture to make teleportation less of a hassle.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not sure whether SSEEdit will show the attached scripts? I assume it should, never tried it. In any case I think it's better take a look with CK, that's what they used to create the content so everything must be there.

LoD

It does, usually they are referenced somewhere.

The adjustments you made are definitely a big improvement, but the effect is still quite strong, even in vanilla:

https://imgur.com/a/nR8GTjA

Is there an easy way to dial it down?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have a question:

Skyrim Particle Patch replaces the file "tundrastreamtransition01.nif" in meshes/water, but I get this: (next to Whiterun)

And when I tried to overwrite it with a water mod, still: (same place, different angle)

And this seems to be a problem even without any water mod and even without this file.

Is there anything that can be done to hide this jagged transition ? Edit this file so that it would cover the problem ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

LoD
Yes, simply lower "Emissive Multiple" in the "BSEffectShaderProperty" to reduce the glow. I tweaked things further though, might want to check the latest version once again.

Anubis
That transition bit is in the particle patch in order to reduce its glow during night and/or in certain configurations, so it won't help otherwise.

I tried to improve the transition in my water mod but it's tricky, and I don't like spending too much time with things that not many people will care about. Your main problem seems to be that your water is almost completely transparent so the transition is very prominent and to make it consistent the water in the transition would need to be almost completely transparent as well. It doesn't look like that is with my water mod?

Anyway, it should be able to possible to make the transition smoother. Can you please pinpoint the exact location so that I can head there for testing?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The exact location is left from the Whiterun stables, 50 meters. (if you're facing Whiterun)

I managed to make the transition disappear by making the water texture in this file almost transparent (alpha 0,1)
However - that's not a solution, because then there will be problems in other places.
As I discovered - in other places there is a foam right before this type of mesh:

But in this particular place, next to whiterun, there isn't. I uninstalled every mod that changes water (as far as I knew) but the problem in this place remains.
It seems that it's not this file's ("tundrastreamtransition01.nif") problem, rather the problem of missing foam from this location.
I don't know, how to add meshes to places, I only know how to change them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Created an image with the exact location and the description of the problem: