Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

There is naturally clipping when the foam mesh goes under the terrain, it's shaped a bit like bump.

I just tested adjusting the mesh shape but it won't help because objects with transparency will just start flickering depending on the camera angle, a common issue with this engine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The same mesh is used in other places and there it looks correct. This is the only place I have found that makes this mesh look broken.
I could not fix the issue by making it more transparent, because then other places have problems.

So, it seems like an unfixable thing. I guess I have to learn how to put a rock or something in there with some console command. (or maybe move the mesh ?)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

One more time, Sam. Any better?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YN6ho ... 7-n4Fmu5Mh

To be honest the game is full is clipping issues and other things if you start looking around.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sam ?

The foam looks nice, but the texture turns purple. I had the similar earlier, while attempting to edit the .nif file.
And one more thing - I did not mentioned this before, but there is a part in the middle of the mesh, that flows in the opposite direction.

Anyways - I found a "solution": Using console command TFC, I went into the mesh, clicked while console open, to get the code (something xxxxxx42)
Then used the command getpos Z (height) and got the resulting height -4819. Then changed it to -4805 (setpos z -4805) and the clipping disappeared.

But the foam is good - helps further to hide the transition. This could be included in the next update, if that's ok ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah yes, the texture is missing since I accidentally used Water for ENB mesh which uses custom textures.

But thanks, that's very good info. I'll adjust the object accordingly and add to the patch.

Oh, and that "Sam" is just a reference to old movie.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just for information: setpos z -4805 raises this mesh upwards slightly. But it's harder to notice than the clipping.

The best looking result would be "setpos z -4805" and the added foam mesh.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can you check something, I'm not sure if it's my game's problem or everyone has it.

First, there's a huge part of the mountain near Whiterun, that looks fine from the distance but then switches to some kind of a LOD texture, when going near.
I have tried with vanilla grounds and mountains, then with a huge amount of different ground cover and mountain mods and patches, with and without different LODs and LOD mods - no help. If that's not my game's configuration problem, is it fixable ?
Image Image

Then I discovered a place with a missing water texture. There is foam, but no water. Fish are swimming through air. Tried with vanilla and with every water mods and patches - still the same.
Tried even with every ground and rock texture uninstalled, just in case.
Image Image Image

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sure, give me a sec. Just finished removing every I mod I have and can finally load a save game or fast travel without the game crashing.

The second issue: are you sure you tried without water mods? Because I think there was one that pulled some sort of odd tricks in the location causing that very issue, someone reported it earlier.

What's that map mod, by the way? Looks neat.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, I'm sure that I tried vanilla, without any water mod. (On the pictures there is RWT, I was hoping it will fix it, but as you can see - it did not. And other water mods had the same result)
Last edited by Anubis on 19 Apr 2020, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Odd, mine is perfectly fine. Can you try "coc crabbersshantyexterior" in the main menu and test with a clean save?