TES Skyrim 0.419

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.419

Complex sun rays use full screen resolution, but old rays 512*512. So with 4k display performance is very different and detail level too. Also they visually are not the same, easy to see if you set camera to third person mode and make head of character cover sun. Complex rays are the same as in SE version, the only difference is that old skyrim mod use texture prescaling to compute longer rays even if sun outside of the screen, so full screen resolution of rays is not per pixel resolution of them like in SE.

*sensei*

Ahh I see.
Well, it looks great and was exactly what I hoped for. :D

Thank you!
CGI ENB

Another suggestion Boris, if you don't mind. :)

I'll let others chime in on this as well but from mine and my friends experience ENB's temporal AA "breaks" on a modded setup. I was wondering if you could take a look at that particular AA solution and fix/improve or even change it for a different AA solution. Edge AA seems to work fine on modded setups.

Edit; just did a quick look before posting and I found a post about the bug - http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewt ... =21&t=6265 and you say it's not fixable. Would you consider changing temporal AA for a different solution?

- Odin

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Supersampling, edgeaa, temporal aa. Other methods do not exist (except neural network aa) or just variations of these 3.

Hi Boris

Request that you increase the version number with every tiny, minor bug fix. You currently only change version numbering with large feature changes.

It's impossible for anyone to tell what's a new bug-fixed version or old version by just the version number alone. You often say "download again", but the file version remains the same. There's no way to know what's a new and improved file.

If you increased the file version number by some measure like 0.001 for every minor bug fix, we'd have a way to tell what the latest version was and guide users to the best version. We'd know what obsolete builds were. The point of a version number is to track developments. If there's no change between versions when you publish a bug-fix, no one knows what you've done or can tell others to install the fixed version.

Therefore my request is to please change your version numbering to reflect minor updates and bug fixes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You right, but updating mod to new version need more things to do on my side than just update binaries and i often forget something to put on site or in the build. Prefer to publish immediately after some changes are done, so it's almost always when i am very tired and sleepy. If i not publish quick, harder relax, i need to wake up and check what people say here, is it allright. Another reason, sometime when something not work as expected, i try to fix in many builds of same version, like a beta build, but when it's fine for all players, version is updated.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

About the version numbers -

I work with graphics a lot and often there are many input images involved. I give name to these images, but often there is a need to do minor adjustments to them to just try if they fit better or for using these images in different places with some minor changes. Therefore I need all the variations.

To navigate between all these variants of the same images, I add letters at the end of their names.
For example: Image0079a, Image0079b, Image0079c and so on.

Maybe the same method could be used in naming all the minor changes in every ENB version.
I realize that the easier way is to just use a method similar to "quick save" (and publish) but is there maybe possible to use some automation that adds a different letter (or number) at the end of the each published version ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Automation is possible, but for the build only, not for site pages and archieves (i store sources on cloud servers and hdd). With gtasa and gta4 mods somewhere in 2007-2008 i used letters, versions were 0.074a, 0.074b, but that was such a mess that i was forced to name some of them like 0.074b7 and had folder with many copies of the mod, some were lost cause overwrote new version by older just because made mistake in alphabet order of symbols.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, it's a mess, I know. I would suggest a better method if I knew one.

I guess the best thing to suggest for users in this case is to do what I do - rename the versions yourself. (This way it's only neccessary in case you decide to download a new version, even when skipping some versions) I've been doing this all the time - if a new version of ENB comes out, add a date to it. (rename the .zip file)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris

Sorry to bug you again with this, but you mentioned the possibility to make kind of a zoom effect for GUI. Would really be something to consider imho.
Asking again because most screenarchers cannot use it once they are shooting at crazy resolutions.
You know I’m not asking for personal use here, I have interest in other things like new effects or quality improvements, but as a preset maker, it’s pointless to make things available via GUI if those using it for screenshots can hardly see it.
Well, if you ever get to it, would be great.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop