TES Skyrim SE 0.423

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim SE 0.423

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim SE (SSE)

Added int UIHidden=1 annotation support to parameters of shaders to not display them in editor, but access via enbseries sdk. Fixed not working DirectLightingColorFilterAmount parameter. Fixed ambient not worked properly when clouds shadow is active.

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.423

Sweet, thanks Boris!

Good stuff - always happy to see progress with SE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Decreased loading time for full screen game mode and in average gained few seconds to recompile shaders. Fixed bug with editor circle stuck on weather's change.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you for the update ! Every second that the loading time decreases is good.

And a little question: what was the reason the forum was down for so long ? (just curious)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's because dev-c.com site was at same account and many people went there cause of GTA5, hoster disabled sql and scripting by the reason of too high cpu usage. No idea why they rejected activating back and closed each of ticket formed, maybe some lazy admin working from home.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for explaining. At least now it's working - I was afraid the forum may be down for who knows how long...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Finally found why sss differ compared to old skyrim. Problem is not in sss itself, but how i captured albedo. In old skyrim it is without extra game textures (facegen 0, 1), for example one which have red lips and makeup, like in picture below. In SE i capture result of these all, not the zombie bloodless skin of LE. I'm not sure, math of applying those textures probably reminds fake sss. Albedo used also for other things, like indirect lighting, ibl, so these effects are more colorful and intense for bodies in SE.

This is albedo for heads how looks like:

Because people don't like SSS look in SE, i could revert to old skyrim style of albedo rendering, but indirect lighting will be also not correct by intensity and colors for characters. If i update old skyrim, existing presets will be wrong looking too much (more intense is worse than lack of effect). So what should i sacrifice? I can't draw two different albedo for subsurface scattering and for indirect lighting with other things. If i make new parameter in SE to draw old style albedo for characters, then not sure about IL, it's wrong then in some way.

This is final look of sss in both modes to compare with same parameters:

So what you think? If that should be new variable for albedo type, should i do it in [SUBSURFACESCATTERING] category or in enblocal [FIX]? Or maybe not touch anything?

EDIT: Damn, i forgot one another important factor - ColorPow. In SE it's applied to that brighter albedo, so bodies in LE are darker. I don't know what to do, didn't bother to check if game have this stupid bug with absurd math for skins. LE version is basically wrong, but i can't touch it and people like it more, im stuck.

Jin

My vote definitely goes to making it look like LE. SSS is among the most important effects imo. The plastic-looking SSE NPC are a buzz-kill, thanks for looking into it.

Is there any difference if you put it in enbseries.ini [SUBSURFACESCATTERING] or enblocal.ini [FIX] ?
I think put it in enblocal.ini would be really simple, i noticed that the makeup / tintmasks are affected by SSS, is it possible to exclude them ?