TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE

So clipping will still be a problem, but making them high poly should fix it? As they are basically 2d this could be fixed fast?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No amount of geometry can fix the issue because the puddle mesh won't conform to the shape of the terrain mesh. That said, it's kind of odd that while they use the water shader they don't seem to work the same way as other water water objects which blend in nicely.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe could be fixed on my side, but still not gonna be very nice, just more blurred edge. Not sure.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Would still probably look better than the hard edge I guess, but not sure how much work it would be for a pretty small thing as that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The idea of the fix is to use similar code as to soft particles - depth difference is opacity factor. But this time it must be reversed to areas which should be cut by depth. This may work if such objects are sorted more or less by renderer or rendered close to the end of frame. It's possible to make some curvy transparency to not have that smooth line of edge too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sounds like a good idea.
I'm sure you can do much better than what bethesda did. You proved that a hundreds times and more :-)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm all for this as well, what Boris suggested should already look million times better than what we have now and actually make the puddles useful in the sense more could be added without them being an eyesore.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Checked that puddle, it use stencil mask same as any other water, so outside of mask it can't be rendered, so fading edges is a problem. But i can try to move up stencil mask, maybe will do the trick, just not sure how this will influence other water types (there are some tiny in other places in vanilla game) and objects on them, like feet. Don't want this to be something slow with lot of code to get mask and blur it, so if this trick not gonna work, i better drop it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, sounds reasonable since it's a pretty minor thing anyway so not worth wasting time or performance in it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, succeeded about this thing in different way, made it water because the same water is in Whiterun exist anyway. Just now need to make good enough looking result, not just blurry edges.