TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE

That's great news, thanks so much

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, it's fail. Some places have very big deepness below puddle mesh, while others have very tiny, so if i set fading by depth on edges to suitable value for tiny deepness then other places have those sharp edges. I even tried to boost A LOT fading for buggy place with big deepness, it still looks awful and of course tiny puddle disappear then. So this problem is unfixable in all places. I thought of trying make noise how deep this is going, but in that case puddle with small deepness will have very weird shape. Of course i apply noise to edges, but still no help. This mod need rework anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's too bad, typical. I guess the vanilla puddles (seen in various interior cells like "IlinaltasDeep01") will have the same issue since most objects in this game are placed pretty haphazardly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wrote to the mod author and asked him to join the conversation

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've tried to for not deep puddles keep refraction but reduce darkening, so deeper puddles stop looking that much ugly at edges, but this require low deepness puddles to be shifted higher above surface. Also trying use non linear fading of deepness to make not so sharp for both cases, but this need lot of tweaking, spend several hours already, will do more today.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is it possible to make the puddle edges transparent ?

Something like this: the outer edge is completely transparent and then smoothly goes to the default transparency, measured from the outer edges. And maybe mix the transparency with a little fading. (Can even be adjustable)

Actually, this would be a nice addition to all outdoor waters.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That was the idea.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
There is no edges, so transparency only done via depth compare. I described problem already and it's unfixable, only moving up puddles and change their shape. Anyway, i released this fix and some puddles disappear with it, i can't do anything more.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, understood. I thought maybe stencil mask can be used as a reference to an edge.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That was quick and great work Boris, respect and thank you.
A thing I noticed, it looks like the light on the puddles is moving like as it is a stream, which makes the puddle look like moving water.
At least on my setup, the fault could be on my end. Did anybody else notice this?

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/im ... 114638.png

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/c87 ... 114622.png

The other puddles the game uses have a similar seam problem.
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/e7a ... 114818.png
Afaik they are different meshes, but maybe your same magic can be applied to those?