Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

The mountain mesh was just deleted by the mod, probably accidentally. Like mentioned not sure why I didn't notice it right away since I thought I checked it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, I was too superficial when testing. It seemed that Dyndolod was messing with the mod and it was a bit, but even without Dyndolod there is still something wrong.

Dyndolod disabled:

I took a picture when coming closer from next cell:
There are still some holes. (There are also some more small holes between this mountain side and Riverwood, but they are not so visible)

And when I go nearer:
There is new mountain side loaded that covers all the "holes" and replaces the entire old mountain side.
I guess that is the correct mountain side, but for some reason it will load only when I step into the cell.

This happens only when the mod is active.

Sorry for bothering you with all this, I hoped the problem was simpler.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem, seems like we need to take radical measures. What about this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/124sLr0 ... sp=sharing

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hm, something weird with this mod - still holes when looking from next cell:

And now it disappears when I cross the cell border:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, this is much better now :)

I tested very thoroughly this time and found few minor things:

There are just few small areas that have no correct texture when looking from farther:
But these are barely noticeable, so if it's too much work, don't spend more time on these. Overall this mountain side can be considered as fixed.

Going near, everything ok:

However, as I was talking earlier about some additional areas between this mountain side and Riverwood, this was harder to notice, because of trees, rocks and fog from the river. Depending on the time of day, location and weather, this can become quite visible though: (just a bit right from the previous mountain side)

And when I have entered the cell:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you !

Now it's fixed. :D

(Few minor glitches remain, but let them be, they are only visible if I look for them specifically. No more any major stuff.)

What was the solution? Copy stuff over the faulty bits ?

In case someone else needs this fix, is there any good place where it would be (legally) accessible ?
Mod's original author seems to be unavailable, so for now it could be uploaded somewhere as a patch for the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49326
I'm not sure if leaving a link in the mod's comments would be ok, since it's basically a replacement for the mod's main module. (Maybe if renamed and made to load after the mod...?)

Anyways - thank you again for the help. You are incredibly patient. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's great! And no problem, I don't easily give up hah.

I doubt it matters even if you link to the patch in the mod's comments. The mod is very old now, the author is probably long gone and it's only the plugin anyway, so the mod can't work without the other assets.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, that's a very old mod indeed. But at least 225 people have (had) the same problem as I had. (225Unique DLs)
Probably most of them don't even know that it is this mod that's causing the bug.

In case someone here recognizes this bug, then at least there is a cure for it now.