Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Already checked and it's not really buggy per se, just very dim.

Those types of objects are adjusted by particle intensity.

I have this problem too, the first time I detected was months ago (or a year, not sure). Today I found the culprit, fxambbeamdust_dim01.nif. Inside this mesh I found reference to the texture CloudTileLight_Dim, but this texture is missing (not sure if there's more textures missing). The only reference I found on google was this topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1499&hilit=show+sky ... 590#p86011. I didn't found the texture anywhere, I will try to search more. Disabling this mod, solves the problem.
SilentPrayerCG wrote:Hi! I'm sorry, i decided not to read 188 pages, i googled it yesterday, and didn't found anything about my issue.
I use Skyrim SE, Latest ENB + ReEngaged Preset from Nexus and ELFX
ELXF adds many fake light beams to windows in interiors
and with ENB (i guess with latest, because last time i builded up skyrim, year or 2 ago, i didn't noticed anything like this)
those light beams looks dark when it night time
I was tried to tweak every parameter in enb menu, and didn't found any that would influence to this exact meshes looks.
So decided to disassembly whole my build to find culprit, and it's turned out to be ParticlePatch
It adds new nifs for those beams (like fxambbeamxbdust_dim01.nif), that ELFX use for windows.
There is some solution for this problem?
And which mods i should exactly overwrite with this?
In description i see, that ultimate hd fire should be overwiten, but there is embers hd in screenshots also, should i overwrite it too?
(i used to overwrite it with everything else, with hd fire and embers too)

This how this issue looks.
skyrim_bad.jpg
And this how it's suppose to be look.
skyrim_good.jpg

mindflux so it's mean i should report it to author of preset?
i didn't find any "particle intensity." in ingame enb menu at least.

epinter it's only fxambbeamdust_dim01.nif ? another beams is ok? i guess i can just remove this file from mod, it's looks ok without it.

SilentPrayerCG wrote:mindflux so it's mean i should report it to author of preset?
i didn't find any "particle intensity." in ingame enb menu at least.

epinter it's only fxambbeamdust_dim01.nif ? another beams is ok? i guess i can just remove this file from mod, it's looks ok without it.
The textures are not missing... That textures are from skyrim esm's. I overlooked mindflux's reply when I posted my last message. I removed all meshes with references to BeamMeshStatic (all files inside meshes/effects/ambient and meshes/effects/fx_rainandmistbeam.nif).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Check under [PARTICLE] category for the settings.

The difference between the vanilla meshes and particle patch meshes is that you can't control the vanilla meshes. If the beams look fine without the patch, then there's no reason to use the patch files. This was done because some presets have significant issues with the vanilla meshes, with them being blown out or way too dark.

mindflux
Yea, you was right, about [particle] section, i missed it last time somehow.
I get it that this patch make possible for enb to get better control of processing for those models, but I think this will be the problem.
It very dark, and if i crank up IntensityInterionDawn i think it will make some other particles overbrighted, it my guess at least, because it's good preset, it's suppose to be configured already, and this dark beams still looks like some issue.
Also i used ELFX + ReEngaged preset before, i guess few years ago, and don't remember those beams being dark back then.
Maybe I'm wrong, now intensity interior day have same value as night one, 0.85
But to make those beams looks similar to unpatched version, value should be about 4-5, and it's much much more than regular value for other variables in [particle] section.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, they are probably too dark now.

mindflux wrote:It's best to install particle first and then let any other mod overwrite it. Most mod authors have implemented the fixes into their assets but you will still benefit from the other fixes, if any.
When you say first, like how high up there ? Directly under the USSEP type of high ? Or you mean first in the Graphics/Visual section of my load order ?

If I put it too high, I'm wondering what its doing then ? lol

I actually thought this patch was to be under EmbersXD as it helped it ? Or is that old news now ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Checking every mod case-by-case is too much trouble for anyone, so I'd say say first in the graphics section of your load order.

The rationale behind this is that firstly, most mods already contain the particle patch improvements, and secondly, it's a lesser evil to break a particle effect somewhere or something minor like that instead of a mod.

Embers XD should have a priority over particle patch since it contains the particle patch fixes, and since it also modifies the same objects and effects, overwriting its assets will break it.

Thnx ! Got it. Totally makes sense