Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

What does it mean "light caster being outside of the viewport" ? What to change in CK ? Lights ?

And what kind of spells do work ? If you meant spells that create light sources into air, then yes, but everything in first person view that should illuminate surroundings, flickers on and off when I move around indoors. Even wearable torches.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sounds odd, almost like the lights disabling due to limit of four shadow casters. Are you using some kind of mods that affect the light sources? I don't think I have that issue in the vanilla game but can't be sure since I don't often use first person.

Also updated the SSE particle patch, been a while again. Changes as follows:

- Made dim light beams as used in windows and elsewhere more prominent.
- Added improved/higher res/containing less artifacts fog textures used in light beams.
- Integrated fine-tuned water effects provided by lazy4466 over at Nexus (thanks!).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have come to the same conclusion - it's the shadow casting lights limit. I use ELFX and other mods that change interiors, so there's no more doubt.
I tried to change the light effect type to the non shadow casting in CK, but then the effect did not work at all. For the first person view illumination, the light must be the shadow casting type apparently. That's unfortunate. :(

Does anybody know of any way to get past this shadow casting lights limit ? (I haven't found anything other than posts from people with the same problem and no real solution)

Or is there any way to use particle lights in first person view ?

Thank's for the updated particle patch. Any comparing screenshots of the new stuff ? (before / after)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm that's odd that omni lights do not work in first person but it's likely one of the game's oddities related to first person. Particle lights do not work in the first person view either. The exact cause is not known but my assumption is that the game does not render some things (at least not correctly) when in first person. I remember from testing that no matter where the emitter is, even two metres in front of the character, it's just not working. Also as mentioned by Boris the scale is messed up in first-person, so who knows where the objects really are in the game world.

Breaking through the limit of four shadow casters per mesh is a holy grail of Skyrim modding but I doubt it's possible without source codes.

Sorry, didn't bother with comparison images but at least the light beam in Sleeping Giant Inn looked pretty neat in my opinion. Also the previously dim beams in Dragonsreach and elsewhere are much more visible now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, damn. I guess I'll have to live with this lights limitation. (I'll have to try to circumvent it somehow)

There are four types to choose for the light in CK - only one is without the shadow option. It's just "Omnidirectional" and it's not working in first person view. But if I choose "Shadow Omnidirectional", then it works. But flickers on and off next to other light sources. (if there are many of them)

Particle lights not working in first person view is a mystery - I play in first person all the time and every particle light that surrounds me is clearly working. But not if it's tied to the player ? Can't it be cheated to not recognize the first person view ? (just a thought)

Or maybe the right course of action needs to involve somehow faking the first person view, while actually being in third person... Not sure if it's possible though, maybe some camera settings in Skyrim.ini ? Then there wouldn't even be the need for built-in lighting effects of .esp - the same particle effect that is now used in third person would be visible. This kind of modification would actually solve a lot of things.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There are already mods around that fake the first person in third person camera, such as Joy of Perspective: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... /mods/9358

I haven't personally tested but I assume particle lights must work with such mods. However, these sorts of mods always come with other glitches so tread carefully.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, I'll check this. If I remember correctly, I have tried something like that in the past, but for some reason I uninstalled it. Maybe it needs more thorough testing.

*master*

could this be related to the particle patch mesh conflicting with textures?

I am encountering this with rally's candles.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4528_1.jpg

Nothing is overwriting the candle meshes though and the only thing providing it is PP

I did try using rustic alchemy / enchanting table as well and I do notice the orange blocky discoloration seems to on the base of the candle, but much more subtle.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

About first person light effects - the mod "Joy of Perspective" is still a first person view mod, no particle light emission. I will continue to search for a solution.

In the mean time I get this message in Loot:

Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp >
When using ENB Helper SE, it's recommended that you deactivate or delete this ESP file, but keep the resources (e.g. meshes, textures) installed with this mod.

Why is this recommended ? Is this the correct action ? Do I lose any effects and stuff if I disable the .esp ?

Something went wrong with the newest changelog for SSE. It should show 08/09/2020 not 09/08/2020.