TES Skyrim 0.114 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.114 beta

hi all, hi boris! thx alot for the update and the ini tweaks... but i'm still gettin the grain, though less visible with FilterQuality=0 and AmbientMinLevel=0.18. i'm sure the answer must be in the ini sumwhere else, sadly i'm silly with that... no clue what else it could be. if anyone wants to have a peek: http://pastebin.com/debepDbN

i have a second issue though, there's a hard transition of darkness levels when changing the camera angle to some degree. it's very hard to see in stills, i tried my best to make it visible:

anyone else xperiencin this and or any ideas what may cause this? :O

trust

Entwain wrote:Парни подскажите, кто знает ответы или направления на эти вопросы.
1. How to solve the problem with the backlight of water. In the morning seems to look normal. But at night, as if there had a light bulb)).
2. The clouds in the mountains can not be edited like that? And the fact that they are black.
hi entwain, i can sort of help with the first two at least
1. for the water there's a fix called fxwhitewater01.dds, i still have that from unreal's enbs but not completely sure where it originally comes from?
2. the mountain clouds are controlled by [VOLUMETRICFOG] section, try reverting everything to 1 and then start adjusting from there if necessary. the lower the intensity, the darker the clouds get.

*master*

nattydread wrote:Updated 114 fixed sky over-brightness for me. Here's what sky values I'm using:

GradientIntensity=0.4
GradientDesaturation=0.0

GradientTopIntensityDay=7.7
GradientTopIntensityNight=4.1
GradientTopCurveDay=1.4
GradientTopCurveNight=1.4

GradientMiddleIntensityDay=4.0
GradientMiddleIntensityNight=6.1
GradientMiddleCurveDay=1.4
GradientMiddleCurveNight=1.4

GradientHorizonIntensityDay=3.0
GradientHorizonIntensityNight=8.6
GradientHorizonCurveDay=1.2
GradientHorizonCurveNight=1.3
mindflux wrote:Thanks guys, I'll do more testing tonight or so.
Mindflux, something similar to what nattydread posted fixed this to me, see these values and adjust to your config, seems like we have to use GradientIntensity=1.0 or lower and raise the "GradientTopIntensity", middle, etc. values. Before we can archieve the same look using both ways, now High GradientIntensity desaturate the sky no matter what.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

trust
To remove noise from sky lighting effect i need to spend crazy amount of time tweaking functions, it's painful process and i'll do this sometime later (today this got about 4 hours without any luck).
Brightness change at some camera angles happen because objects are clipped by game and i can't compute effect from empty area. This effect very simplified because of game limitations, i can't solve the problem completely and only searching for solution.

D3rk01
That noise is filtered, so not an issue, but temporary artifact. I'll tweak later.

Opethfeldt
now High GradientIntensity desaturate the sky no matter what.
Am i understood right that it's kind of new bug? Is it appear when sky lighting turned off?

Entwain
1) не знаю ничего про воду, скорее всего она светлая сама по себе из-за настроек в игре, надо создавать параметры.
2) туман редактируется, не помню каким параметром, возможно [VOLUMETRICFOG] категория как отписал trust
3) ничего не трогал с небом такого, чтоб можно было жаловаться, так что надо ждать исправления, если оно вообще будет, раз у меня нет багов.
4) никак не пофиксить зернистость, только ждать когда буду подбирать шум такой, который более равномерный.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:
Opethfeldt
now High GradientIntensity desaturate the sky no matter what.
Am i understood right that it's kind of new bug? Is it appear when sky lighting turned off?
Boris I dont know of if it's a bug, but for example in .113 I was using this:
[SKY]
GradientIntensity=6.2
GradientDesaturation=0.55

GradientTopIntensityDay=0.65
GradientTopCurveDay=1.65

This give me nice Sky colors, maybe a bit strong intensity for nights but still good, but now in 114 a high GradientIntensity make the sky look pale, even lowering GradientTop, middle, horizont Intensities and using desaturation at 0. Maybe this is the correct way, as you said that you restored a parameter.

Still I managed to make it look similar in .114 using this:

GradientIntensity=1.0
GradientDesaturation=0.0

GradientTopIntensityDay=2.65
GradientTopCurveDay=1.9

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks Opeth, you're spot-on. I went with the same solution as you and lowered the intensity while increasing curves, and while I haven't been able to recreate the EXACT same look as before, I'm happy with the results. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a bug, the controls just respond differently than what they used to. Certainly manageable, just needs some tweaking.

Do you guys also get colour distortion that looks a bit like chromatic aberration in the distant mountains, or is it just my setup?

I don't think I've seen significant noise from the sky lighting with my current setup, at least I haven't noticed any that would have stood out. I think the noise from the detailed shadows is more noticeable, but it's really great news if you're going to work on the filter later on, Boris - thanks in advance!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :

well, I don't know how you did it...but you did it ! :D
You're the man !

No more undesired grain effect, whatever the shadows settings in game inis.
Better quality AND better performance ! :shock:

Only thing is to fine tune sky settings according to this new function, but wow ! what a great job u did on that thing.
Be greatly thanked ! :D
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Oyama wrote:@Boris :

well, I don't know how you did it...but you did it ! :D
Did I miss an update?

Do this effect, the skylighting, kills FPS? Second, do I still need to use ComplexIndirectLighting to achieve the Detailed Shadows effect or Sun Rays effect (because it comes disabled by default...)? Thanks!

@CosmicBlue

Yes probably. There's a new file, an update from today.

mfdemir

where to download?