TES Skyrim 0.114 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.114 beta

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CosmicBlue
All updates only on news page posted and here as attachments to my posts. If you don't see them, then deleted and published to download section of the site or simply removed as testing.

nordikwolf
Do this effect, the skylighting, kills FPS?
Could you point me on any effect which is not cost performance? Is it possible?
do I still need to use ComplexIndirectLighting to achieve the Detailed Shadows effect or Sun Rays effect (because it comes disabled by default...)?
Sky lighting is independent from other effects. Why so many users asking, i have no idea.

mfdemir
In download section of enbdev.com, got to skyrim mod, version 0.114 beta.

A_H

@ENBSeries

Is is possible or viable to have four more variables to control..beneath [SKYLIGHTING], along with FilterQuality=1, AmbientMinLevel=0.50.

var1. True/false (0/1) to control following var2,3,4 (mostly because the following would have performance impact)
var2. set curve/linear point for var3,4 (default would be half-point, with value 1.0..range between 0.00, 0.01 - 1.99, 2.00)
var3. set intensity of shadow above var2 (default would be 1.0, chained to AmbientMinLevel value..range between 1.0,1.01 - 1.99,2.00. Where 2.00 would be close to [SKYLIGHTING] shadow off)
var4. set intensity of shadow below var2 (default would be 1.0, chained to AmbientMinLevel value ..range between 0.00, 0.01 - 0.99, 1.00. Where 0.00 would be black 0,0,0)

(ranges being purely subjection, I just mentioned it as a scale for example)

Because, currently all the elements in the [SKYLIGHTING] shadow are dark..including reflective or bright color value elements.
Example: If there is a glimmer(reflection) of a sword in the shadow, then it should stay bright with that glimmer(reflection).

I am just shooting my idea in the dark, so I do not know if its destructive towards performance or an idea not feasible or has no utilization actually.

*sensei*

I noticed this colour change of certain objects - grass and small rocks - using .114, making them yellow.

Also was struggling with the sky values, but I think I just needed to pull the GradientIntensity way down, far more than I thought I should be... is it possible to balance this value with older dll's to make transferring them with .114 easier?

The shadows do look very cool with .114 the light bleed with shadows on snow is :o 8-)

.114 8-)
.113 nice... but ;)
Last edited by DogStar on 11 Jul 2012, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Other thing I have noticed is that at least on my setup the distant fog is extremely saturated far away and I can't seem to be able to desaturate it no matter how much I tweak the fog values. This is the best I could do:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm really digging this version. The only problem I'm having is how saturated the objects in shadows get, like plants and grass turns super green in the shade (for me anyway). Just the way it works I guess. Also what exactly does the complex indirect lighting do? Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like it gives color, not just lightness, so like rock near orange leaves has an orange tint to it. Or did it always do that and I just never noticed? Either way looks great.

Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*sensei*

This rock is so realistic, its awsome.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

At first, I too noticed that yellow issue DogStar mentioned but I haven't seen it for awhile. I have since changed so many parameters that it's impossible to say what, if any, fixed the issue. Maybe it occurs only in certain weather (imagespace)?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

A_H
I can't implement controls you are asking, because sky lighting effect in skyrim is very simple and i will not do any better in nearest time, it's huge performance impact. And shadows are not affected by this effect, so in general naming of those parameters is incorrect. What happening with reflection in the shadow or ambient occlusion of sky lighting, don't know and never payed an attention, if problem really exist, then it exist in vanilla game as i'm modulating black-white occlusion texture with ambient color computed by game, if ambient applied wrong in the shaders, it's bethesda fault. Make an example screenshots of vanilla and enbseries where you found problem.

DogStar
Also was struggling with the sky values, but I think I just needed to pull the GradientIntensity way down, far more than I thought I should be... is it possible to balance this value with older dll's to make transferring them with .114 easier?
In 0.114 i activated one of weather parameter which game use, because found that some weather types use it and difference is very huge. How to scale anything according to it, i don't know, it's impossible just to use some scaling factor, it will not work.
Yellow stones is a bug, i did fix for wrong grass shader of the game, may be in some conditions another similar shader activated, i'll try to find it.

mindflux
Distant fog wasn't changed, so i'll count this as bug.

Confidence-Man
Have no idea about saturation in shadows, if it's math mistake of bethesda shaders, then vanilla should have the same. May be you just misunderstand how tone mapping work with different brightness?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here are a couple using ENB 0.114.

Animated GIF Comaprison Image

And a couple comparisons with vanilla, for good measure.

BEFORE / AFTER

BEFORE / AFTER