Black/Flickering ENB - Skyrim

fixing bugs
  • Author

Black/Flickering ENB - Skyrim

Hello,
I tried finding a solution around but couldn't really fix this issue. I have a GTX 1060, Skyrim LE.
I had this issue before when upgrading OS or Nvidia GeoForce drivers but it was easily solved by deleting Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini and having the Launcher generating them again.

I updated Win 11 yesterday (I know win11 is not supported but I do not think that is the whole issue) and the enb went black again, only in-game (menus are fine).
I tried the same workaround but not much progress.

With Hardware AF: enb flickers
Without hardware AF: black enb

This is the only significant change I noticed when trying several solutions.

Not really finding any solution to this. Any tips?

Thanks!

Re: Black/Flickering ENB - Skyrim

Sorry, quick rectification:

The big difference is either in windowed mode or not.

Windowed mode: Enb flickers, sometimes lightly sometimes heavily depending on camera
Fullscreen: Black enb

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try disabling full-screen optimizations in the executable properties.

mindflux wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 08:18 Try disabling full-screen optimizations in the executable properties.
Tried that, gives 0xc000001d error (Couldn't inject .ddl it says).
I tried disabling full-screen optimizations on skse_loader.exe and TESV.exe, both at the same time or one by one.

Ok, somehow I managed to fix it by rolling back to a previous NVIDIA driver from 13/09/2021.

Got no idea what Nvidia changed in the driver that was causing this issue, maybe Boris will have the chance to check it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you mean forced anisotropic filtering in the driver setting do this, then it's never guaranteed thing, but still should work good generally in almost all games. I can't test with new drivers and new os cause don't have them.

LorSakyamuni wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 17:31 Ok, somehow I managed to fix it by rolling back to a previous NVIDIA driver from 13/09/2021.

Got no idea what Nvidia changed in the driver that was causing this issue, maybe Boris will have the chance to check it.
Apparently it was not caused by AF (always used hardware one without issue and I also tried disabling), but by nvidia drivers for 1060.